This year I’ll be sharing my 2020 Top 5 from the blog, Instagram, and more!
At the end of every year I like to write a recap of our adventures from January to December. Since 2020 was a more eventful than any year in the past, I already documented the big events. Let’s take a peek at my Top 5 Highs, Lows, and posts from around the web!
My Top 5 of 2020
- Testing negative for Covid
- Meeting my nephew Dylan for the first time
- Celebrating in Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket (safely!)
- Our trip to LA for the BlogHer Health Summit plus photoshoot in Santa Monica Beach (before Coronavirus)
- Signing on to my biggest partnership for CHB ever! See here for a hint.
- Testing Postive for Covid-19 (if you’re new around here I was hit HARD by the virus)
- Losing my Uncle in September and my Grandpa in May
- Discovering Skin Cancer on my face
- PTSD after Covid
- Numerous cancelled holidays + trips with the ones I love most (there were a lot – including Christmas)
ONE LAST HIGH…
Despite numerous days where I felt sad, scared, or alone- there were MORE days where I felt happy, joyful, and hopeful. Life has not stopped (even when it felt like it could). In 2020 I am learning the only way out of the difficult stuff is always THROUGH. Bonus: I really focused a lot on finding HUMOR in the chaos of 2020. Laughter has been a key to all of our survival.
2020 Top 5 Blog Posts
Here are your most read posts written in 2020:
- Teaching Your Children at Home During Coronavirus
- My Skincare Routine with MaeLove
- I am a Covid-19 Survivor
- How to Decorate the Wall Above the Sofa
- Dairy Free Banana Bread
Check out the most read posts (in general) on CHB during 2020:
- Reasons Why Your Toddler Needs a Queen Sized Bed
- What to Wear for Holiday Family Photos
- How to Paint Vinyl Shutters
- How to Whitewash a Brick Fireplace
- I Tested Postive for Covid-19
A few more popular posts in 2020 on Caitlin Houston Blog: A DIY Wine Activity for the Neighborhood, The Best Ballet Flats for Little Girls, Why I Chose to Take Zoloft for Anxiety, Chicken Spinach Pasta Bake with Vodka Sauce
Note: As a blogger it’s important to evaluate the most read posts on your site at the end of each year. Sometimes the top posts weren’t written during that calendar year and readers find them through Pinterest or Google.
2020 Top Instagram Posts
Just by quickly glancing at my Top Nine 2020 below I can already tell you anything involving Coronavirus is part of my most seen moments on Instagram. Many followers also enjoyed a nod to The Shining for Halloween, a flashback to my pregnancy with Annabelle in 2013, our trip to the Holiday House, and my skin cancer reveal. If you don’t already follow me on Instagram – come on over and take a peek!
The Top Nine for Instagram app is very popular app to use at the end of each year. Try it for yourself!
YOUR 2020 Top 5 Purchases
There are a few times a year that more than a few of you purchase something I mention on CHB or Instagram. Here are the top 5 items you purchased in 2020.
- Linen Pants: I’d like to believe it was YOU who sold out the pink pull-on linen pants shown below because there were so many purchases through my affiliate link. They’re absolutely sold out now, but here is a similar pair.
- Sophie Open Front Blazer // Collarless Blazer
- Three Tier Tartan Mini Skirt
- Christmas Tree Pajamas
- Schitt’s Creek “Love That Journey For Me” Sweatshirt
Top 5 of 2020 – More Items/Brands We Both Love
- Lake Pajamas (seen below)
- Dudley Stephens (Take $25 off your first purchase here)
- The LL Bean Fisherman Sweater
- Tretorns (or any of these white sneakers)
- Tommy John Loungewear