These New Year’s Eve Crafts for kids are easy, fun, and most can be done with items from around the house (or the dollar store!).
Ingredients: 6oz Elmer’s Glitter Glue, 1-2 tablespoons Baking Soda, 4 tablespoons Contact Solution
- Find a bowl to mix your slime in.
- Pour the entire contents of a 6 oz Elmer’s Glitter Glue into the bowl.
- Add 1 TBSP baking soda to the glue and stir.
- Add 2 TBSP contact solution to the glue mixture. Mix with a spoon until slime begins to form and gets firm.
- If the slime is very sticky, add 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1-2 tablespoons of contact solution. I had to add the full 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 4 tablespoons of contact solution!
- Once slime becomes to difficult to stir with a spoon, take slime out of the bowl and use your hands to finish combining the ingredients.
Toilet Paper Fireworks for New Year’s Eve
- Toilet paper rolls
- Acrylic paint
- Black construction paper
- Paper plate
- Use the scissors to cut one end of the toilet paper roll into thin fringes.
- Flatten the fringe against a flat surface.
- Pour paint (in colors of your choice) onto the paper plate.
- Press the toilet paper roll into the paint.
- Stamp the paint onto the black construction paper.
- Allow the paint to dry thoroughly.
More New Year’s Eve Crafts for Kids
Resolution Hand and Heart
Materials: Scissors, Construction Paper, Marker
Directions (See detailed directions HERE):
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half.
- Trace your child’s hand close to the fold, making sure that the thumb and pointer finger slightly lap over the edge. (See Pictures)
- Trace to the wrist on both sides. Enclose the hand by drawing a curved line.
- Cut out your child’s hand, but do NOT cut on the folded part of the paper.
- Glue the opened hands onto a piece of paper or your firework art. Write your child’s resolutions on their fingers on the paper.
Noisemaker (must make New Year’s Eve Crafts for Kids)
Materials: Paper plate, Beads or Coins, Stapler, Materials for decoration
- Fold a paper plate in half. Staple the plate closed almost entirely along the edge, but leave a few inches open.
- Pour beads or coins into the opening.
- Staple the plate closed.
- Decorate the plate with pom poms, stars, yarn, markers, etc.
- Shake into the new year!
I hope you enjoy making these crafts with your little ones this New Year’s Eve!