Ever since Annabelle and Ailey saw a “Daniel Tiger” episode where they bake banana bread, they’ve been begging me to make some for the family. I’m not the best baker since I don’t like following recipes, but I decided to spend Columbus Day cooking with the girls. I’m so excited to share an easy dairy free banana bread recipe that’s moist and delicious!
Dairy Free Banana Bread
- 1/2 c Butter Substitute Earth Balance
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 c Flour
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl, cover, and microwave until melted (30 second).
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add melted butter.
- Add vanilla and egg. Mash mixture until there are no yellow streaks from the eggs to be seen.
- In a second bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until smooth. There might be a few banana chunks, but that's ok! Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the bread.
- Allow Banana Bread to cool for 10 minutes before enjoying!
The best dairy free banana bread starts with overripe bananas. Whenever my bananas start to turn brown I put them in the fridge to avoid a fruit fly party on our counter.
This dairy free recipe calls for a buttery substitute, Earth Balance baking sticks, which can be found at most grocery stores. If you don’t mind dairy you can use regular butter though. I try to use a minimal amount of dairy whenever I can because Ailey and I are dairy sensitive.
After the bread cools I like to add a dollop of buttery substitute, drizzle of honey, or scoop of peanut butter. Some people prefer their banana bread plain, but I like to jazz up my slice a little bit. Another great way to enjoy a slice is paired with a warm cup of tea or coffee! This Dairy Free Banana Bread is so tasty and perfect to eat any time of the day.