Enjoy my latest installment of Random Things: May 2023. From random things on my mind to what I’m reading or watching, here is a peak at my May.
Life Lately in May 2023
Sometimes the sharpest surprise turns in life take you to the best places. I’d like to think I’m on my path towards what will be the best of 2023, but I don’t want to jinx it. Yes I’m that person that believes in knocking on wood… I blame my Italian Mother for my superstitions. But the first five months of this year I’ve felt like I am driving with one eye closed, trying to see the road through a whole lot of dead bugs on the windshield. Suddenly both of my eyes are open and I’m now stopping to clean off the smudges.
Does that make sense to you or just me? I love a good metaphorical phrase – it’s why I went to school for English Lit. Although lately I have been thinking a lot about going back to school for mental health counseling. I couldn’t start any type of masters program until Arbor is in school, but it’s something I’d really like to pursue in the near future.
Speaking of Arbor, we spend a lot of time together lately. I am so fortunate to be home with her – to be front row for all of her new tricks (and tantrums). It’s truly magical to see the world through the eyes of a one year old and I wish I could bottle up each moment to savor later in life.
This week Ailey lost her front tooth at school and she looks so adorable! She came home with the tooth in a cute necklace and brought it to dance to show everyone. Annabelle had her surgery and she is already walking around with a little pep in her step. I know we are all happy to have this stressful chapter behind us.
5 Random Things on My Mind
- Taylor Swift and Matty Healy’s relationship is still going strong – I already mentioned my excitement over this duo, and it grows more and more everyday. I understand all the TS fans think MH is a terrible guy, but I promise, the media has twisted his words. Love The 1975? I snagged this The 1975 t-shirt that looks like the one Taylor Swift wore in 2014.
- I love to go to hot yoga but can’t make it every day #threekids so I started a new home workout program called Sculpt Society. They offer cardio, dance, sculpting, etc. – I’ll be giving a full review here in a month!
- Connecticut’s weather has been so glorious – thank you Mother Nature for the gift.
- I have had so many house projects on my wish list, but haven’t been able to get anything going. Until now… we are replacing our deck railings! Brandon is also re-staining the wood deck, so it’s going to look so clean and fresh (I hope).
- This spring I’ve spent more time outside with Arbor then I ever have in my life… seriously. She loves the outdoors! My only issue with this is the sun – and her hatred for sunscreen and hats. I need to order a few SPF/UV protective outfits for her (and maybe me too).
On My Radar – May 2023
- Every summer I find myself wearing the same items from my closet – plus a few new pieces. This budget friendly summer capsule wardrobe is basically ME in a nutshell. I’ll definitely be recreating some of these outfits!
- I was wondering why my Face Recognition isn’t working… how can these companies really charge us for things we have already bought?
- Have you watched Ginny and Georgia on Netflix? They’ve renewed it for not just season 3, but season 4 too! Unfortunately there aren’t any set release dates due to the Writers Guild of America strike (insert sad face).
- Looking for a new ‘portable’ drink? Check out 26 Perfect New England Canned Beverages for the Summer.
- A follower sent me this account to follow and I’m here for it – my daughters are not allowed on social media until they’re 16 (if even then).
- Don’t be alarmed if your favorite random tv series suddenly disappears from one of your streaming channels. Networks are cleaning house and this is why.
- Meeting YOU once a month has been fun! Check out a photo from our last Mom Meet Up below.
May 2023 Photo Dump
Things I’m Doing – May 2023
- Watching: The Diplomat on Netflix was SO good – Keri Russell is brilliant and I can’t wait for season 2.
- Watching: The Great: Season 3 is finally live! This historical and satirical comedy-drama with Elle Fanning is absolutely hilarious. I’m hoping I can sneak in an episode this weekend.
- Reading: I have been trying to read “Pieces of Her” by Karin Slaughter but there is A LOT of fluff in the storyline. I’m constantly skimming paragraphs for the important information, but I’m quickly losing interest in the book itself. The series on Netflix is much better!
- Buying: This pair of jean shorts (on sale) since I currently only have one pair that I wore every day last summer.
- Buying: New shorts and swimsuits for the girls at 50% off – because Annabelle grew at least 2 inches in the last 6 months.
- Eating: An easy vegan queso that doesn’t require soaking cashews or tofu? I’m here for it.
- Wearing: I snagged this The 1975 t-shirt that looks like the one Taylor Swift wore in 2014.