What are you loving lately? Today I’m sharing what I’m loving from around the web, on the t.v., and purchases I’ve made. Bonus – Mother’s Day gift ideas!
A little bit about LIFE Lately: This month the temperatures have been all over the place, so even though it’s spring. Yesterday morning felt a little bit like winter, but today we are back to normal. We had to cover our plants the last two nights to protect them from frost! Here is to hoping the chill is gone from the air soon so I can wear all the dresses.
5 Things I’m Loving Lately to Read and Watch
- “By acknowledging that so many of us are languishing, we can start giving voice to quiet despair and lighting a path out of the void.” The term – languishing – sounds quite silly to me, but it’s definition describes exactly how I’ve been feeling for the last few months. I bet so many of you can relate to this article as much as I do!
- I’m always looking for easy food and wine pairings – this article has them paired for different occasions and moods! How fun!
- Anything with spinach and cheese – plus the word pizza is a win in my book.
- I remember when Reign premiered on The CW, but I can’t recall why I ever stopped watching! The vivid historical drama has romance, action, and an amazing wardrobe.
5 Things I’ve Purchased This Month
- I always have the hardest time taking off my eye makeup, even with a great makeup remover. I found the trick though – makeup washcloths! These are the softest and most reliable makeup removing cloths I’ve ever used (and much more sustainable than cotton pads).
- My youngest suddenly doesn’t like her naturally curly hair, so I purchased two books to help her learn to love it again! Spaghetti in a Hot Dog Bun and I Don’t Want Curly Hair! are two wonderful hair love books.
- Sunscreen – I’m trying out a few different types of sunscreen this season, each for a different reason. Supergoop!, Elta MD, and SunBum are my favorite brands. See the sun safety items I’ve purchased here.
- When I saw the Lululemon Align joggers on a friend I knew I had to have a pair, especially since the Align leggings are one of my must-haves for exercise and being comfortable.
- Last month I bought my first Hill House dress (seen below) and this month I bought two more. They are an investment, but worth the price for their comfort, versatility, and ability to wear from spring to fall.
Mother’s Day Gift Ideas and Special Deals
- Necessaire has crafted a limited time only set, that is the perfect gift for any mom! Take 10% off The Body Ritual Set with code 10HOUSTON. It includes The Body Wash, The Body Lotion, The Body Exfoliator and The Body Serum and brings the spa to you, encouraging busy moms to prioritize some much needed self-care!
- Do you know a Mom who loves home decor but hates shopping? Sign her up for Ready Festive, a seasonal subscription box with hand picked home decor. Use code caitlin20 for $20 off a subscription!
- Tommy John pajamas are made with fabric that adapts to the real, moving, human body … so there’s no bunching, rolling, or riding up! Use code CAITLIN20 for 20% off your purchase – they make an amazing Mother’s Day gift! See my new pair below!