Happy Friday Favorites day! It’s been awhile since I’ve shared a little bit of what we are loving, so let’s dive right in.
We have finally had some beautiful weather days here in Connecticut and most everything is in bloom. I love the Forsythia and Azalea bushes in our yard, but they only flower for a few weeks. Thankfully our Hydrangeas appear in a month or so, so I will get to see more flowers outside our home! My allergies aren’t loving the pollen, but the greenery and sunshine does wonders for my mood! (Read my tips for surviving allergy season here).
Spring Loungewear + Discount Code
Have you brought out your Summer Whites? You all know how much I love Tommy John – so it shouldn’t be surprising that I’m obsessed with the new Zen Ribbed Loungewear collection. It’s lightweight, super soft, and perfect for wearing at home or out running errands with my sidekick. Not only do I have the sweatshirt and shorts, but also a tank and jogger, so there are many ways to wear the set! Head to my IG stories to see them in action.
Want to try Tommy John for yourself? Use code HOUSTON25 for 25% off your purchase at Tommy John (a discount you don’t want to miss out on!).
The Last Day of School (Part 1)
I’ve actually been dreading this Friday for quite some time and a “They’ve grown up too fast” feeling. It’s a Friday Favorite though since we have loved the school so much.
Today is Ailey’s last day at school – a private preschool our girls have been attending since 2017! Ailey has grown and changed in so many ways since the photo below:
For the last 5 years, I’ve driven one of the girls’ to the school each morning. We love the girls’ preschool so much – the teachers are incredible, hardworking, and everything you want for your little one before Kindergarten. We will miss them dearly. Thankfully, in three years I’ll be back to bring Arbor to school!
I could dedicate an entire post to my feelings about Ailey going to Kindergarten. Up until five months ago, she was our youngest. Now it seems she has grown up so much so quickly.
Ailey’s Teacher Gift Idea
As a former teacher, I can honestly say all teachers love gift cards! We are giving Ailey’s teachers a homemade card + coffee gift card + a small flower. Take a peek at the artwork we made using acrylic paint, watercolor paper, and Ailey’s handprints and fingerprints.
10 Last Minute End of the Year Teacher Gift Ideas
- Amazon Gift Card – You can print one out right online!
- A gift certificate to their favorite local restaurant (or any one in town)
- A hand drawn card + gift card (any kind)
- I have nothing to WINE about with you as my teacher – plus a bottle of wine/prosecco
- MANI thanks for an Awesome Year – a Mani/Pedi gift certificate
- Thanks a Latte – Use my printout and include a certificate to a local coffee shop OR Dunkin/Starbucks
- Thanks for the POPPIN school year – tickets to the movie theater
- This year was SCENTsational – gift a candle
- UberEats or Door Dash gift card
- I DONUT what I’d do without you – gift card to breakfast OR donut place
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!