Happy April! As we move into the fourth month of 2021, I’m sharing a peek into our life lately in Vol.2.2021. It’s been awhile (January!) since I’ve shared personal details from my life, so enjoy!
Reading and Watching
Reading // One of my favorite daily meditation books is “Journey to the Heart” by Melody Beattie. Every morning I read a thought-provoking passage and sometimes it’s exactly what my soul needs to hear.
Watching // Some people wind down in the evening with a cup of tea and a book – I wind down with some random show and a water. Here’s a list of what I’ve been watching since January (both the good and the bad!).
- Felicity – This was hands-down one of my favorite shows when I was in middle/high school – and not just because I had the same hair as Kerri Russell. I’ll admit that the plot line gets weird after season 3, and Ben + Felicity break up way too much, but their love story is just so so good!
- Ginny and Georgia – I LOVE this series about a Mom running from her secret past with her two kids – the daughter being one of the protagonists navigating adolescence in a picture perfect Massachusetts town. I really hope there is a season 2.
- Firefly Lane – I started watching the series about two best friends’ past/present/future when it premiered a few months ago. I loved the storyline for the first couple episodes, but it started to get slow. Sadly I could never finish it!
- Queen of the South – A Mexican cartel drama with a bada** lady as the lead role – this show is action packed and easy to watch. I’m currently on season 3 but finding most episodes are becoming predictable.
- The Serpent – A based on a true story BBC series on Netflix, The Serpent is unpredictable and mysterious. I’m enjoying the flash backs and flash forwards as I try to figure out crazy serial killer Charles Sobhraj.
Shopping isn’t always a part of my life lately – but I have been on a spring dress kick these days. There are so many beautiful dresses out there, especially from Hill House (an obsession I can’t quite kick).
I’ve always been a dedicated J.Crew jean wearer, until I decided to try the Levi 501 Skinny jeans. Since I purchased these last month, I find myself wearing them every other day! I’m working on a style post since the Levi 501 Skinny Jeans are just so versatile (and comfortable!) Bonus: these jeans helped me find my butt again!
Mental Health Life Lately
MENTAL HEALTH CHATS: I’ve been hosting a mental health chat and reflecting what I learn in therapy on my Instagram stories once a week. More often than not I make connections with so many of YOU about anxiety, motherhood struggles, and so much more. Isn’t it crazy how we are all walking different paths but somehow going through so many of the same things in life lately? In February we lost a very important person in our life and his sudden death took the wind out of our sails. I took some time away from blogging/Instagram to be with family and process my feelings. This isn’t the first time I’ve taken time off from CHB…
During the holiday season I took a much needed break from Instagram – and it felt amazing. I vowed to spend less time interacting on the app and up until mid February, I did a great job of it. Unfortunately I quickly found myself sucked into the world of others again. Whenever I become lost in the comparison game after viewing unrealistic stories/posts, I’m left with feelings of inadequacy with my own life. So – what’s a girl to do? Hit the MUTE button. It feels really good to only see content from the people I find most authentic at the top of my feed now.
Mental Health ON THE BLOG: I spent a little time reflecting on the anniversary of the Covid pandemic as a way to cope with an onset of overwhelming feelings. Then I poured my heart out about the one year mark since I was diagnosed with Coronavirus. So much has happened and changed in the last 365 days that I’m still trying to process it all.
Life Lately in Photos
Here are some unseen photos of life lately in 2021 – Mcmuffin, my sister’s baby sprinkle, Ailey’s Monet impression, and more.
Now that the temperatures are starting to rise, we are going to be venturing out of the house again on a few adventures. Don’t get me wrong, I love the winter, cold, and snow. However, by mid-March I’m ready for spring! Next week is our town’s spring break and we are taking the girls on an overnight staycation less than an hour away from our home. I can’t wait to take you along on our trip on Instagram.
Our calendar is filling up quickly with trips, Annabelle’s dance competitions, and baby/wedding showers. We are also attending our first pandemic wedding at the end of May! In between the planned events I’m hoping to give Annabelle and Ailey’s bedroom a makeover and figure out how to paint the cement breezeway in front of our house.