Happy Friday! This week started in Tennessee and ended in Connecticut – we are finally settled in back at home after our week away in the South visiting Brandon’s family. Today’s Friday Favorites are some highlights from the trip, a few things I’m loving lately, and highlights from around the internet. Enjoy!
Friday Favorites from our Trip Down South
We spent a week visiting Brandon’s parents in Georgia and Tennessee this month. The girls swam in the pool and Lake Lanier with their Coco and Pop, made Christmas cookies for Christmas in July with Nana, picked vegetables in their Great Grandpa’s garden, and I tried on wigs while they had a mini spa day. Since the baby is due around the holidays, we don’t know when we will back to visit everyone and crammed in a lot over 6 days. Other moments not pictured: cooking dinner with grandparents, meeting a kitten at Grandpa’s office, playing at a local splash pad, and lots of hugs.
ICYMI: 20 Week Pregnancy Bump Update – I’m halfway there!
A Few Things I’m Loving Lately
During the pandemic I barely shopped for new clothes because we had nowhere to go. As restrictions lifted I found myself updating staples in my closet (insert the Nap Dress). THEN I got pregnant and as summertime hit, none of my clothing fit anymore (except dresses). Here are some of the purchases I’ve made over the last few months that I can wear while pregnant, but also during my postpartum months.
- I’m living in these sandals – they are as comfy as the flats I wear from fall-spring and on sale!
- This red dress (in the adult version – now sold out) was on my wish list as soon as I saw the summer drop preview. I’m excited to wear it this weekend for Ailey’s birthday party!
- I don’t like buying maternity pajamas (they don’t last forever) but sometimes you see a pair by one of your favorite brands on sale – so you snag them! I also picked up this robe during their summer sale.
- My go-to leggings are the Aligns by Lululemon, but these maternity leggings are on sale and so comfortable.
- I never thought I’d buy a skirted swim dress (its 30% off!), but it works wonders for hiding vulvar varicosities and complimenting a baby bump.
GIFTED: The Nurtured 9 team sent over a custom luxury maternity gift box for me this month! It was filled with a few wonderful goodies any expecting mom would love. If you’re looking for a present for a new Mom, check out Nurtured 9! Use code CAITLIN for FREE SHIPPING on $90+ orders.
Friday Favorites from Around the Web
- Who would have thought Dan Humphrey doesn’t like the spotlight? Just kidding – I always find it hard to look at an actor as any other character/person once they’ve played a major role in something. But this interview was eye opening.
- Three cheers for Simone Biles, Sunisa Lee, and so many more strong amazing women in the Olympics!
- Secret fun fact: I am eyeing hunter green as inspiration for our nursery!
- I love to read about states that care about our planet! Maine is definitely winning with their conservation and preservation efforts.
- The Perseid Meteor Shower is happening! The best times to spy a ‘shooting star’ is August 11-13 – here are some tips for watching one of the best meteor showers in North America.
My last Friday Favorite is not from around the web, but from the bookstore. I’m slowly reading “Expecting Better” by Emily Oster, a book about myths of pregnancy and what you REALLY need to know!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! We are excited to be celebrating Ailey’s 5th birthday tomorrow (a few weeks early)! Happy Friday!