We tried a new dairy free recipe for dinner this week: White Bean, Corn, and Chicken Chili. Even though spring is here, temperatures are still cool so we are craving cold weather foods. This chili is light but hearty, delicious and easy to make!
White Bean, Corn, and Chicken Chili Recipe
Ever since I went on a dairy free diet, I started learning tricks to making dishes taste like they contain dairy. White chili usually contains cream cheese (or some other dairy) to give it a creamy consistency. One way to create a creamy consistency without dairy is to puree the white beans. I didn’t puree the beans in this particular chili, but I have made others this way!
You can enjoy chili with dairy free topping alternatives like Kite Hill Sour Cream or plant based cheese shreds. We love Violife Cheddar Cheese or Daiya Cheese Shreds. This dairy free chili is so delicious!
White Bean, Corn, and Chicken Chili
- Dutch Oven
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast chopped
- 3 cans white beans rinsed + drained – reserve a can of beans
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1 small jalapeño minced
- 1 can green chiles small can
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp salt + pepper (each)
- 2 tbsp your favorite chili seasoning OR 1 tbsp each cumin, chili powder, oregano
- In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and onions. Cook until chicken is browned. Add the garlic and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, chiles, and seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to med-low. With a potato masher, mash one can of beans until smooth. Add to saucepan. Add remaining beans, corn, and jalapeño.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve with dairy free sour cream, vegan cheddar shreds, and tortilla chips.