The day of love is finally here – said no one ever. I’ve never been a big fan of Valentine’s Day because it was usually filled with disappointment during my teenage years. Now that I’m a parent, it’s much more enjoyable as we celebrate with our daughters. Enjoy my Valentine’s Day Friday Favorites!
It’s the first year both girls are REALLY into Valentine’s Day. Ailey is all about the “candy Balentimes,” but did make her big sister a beautiful card at preschool. Annabelle is very into making her own homemade Valentines to hand out in class. She spent an hour this week making 17 lollipop hearts for friends and addressing Valentine’s for all the kids in the neighborhood.
Need a last minute Valentine’s Day gift idea? Click here!
The girls’ reactions to holidays change every year. As parents we can’t get enough of how enthusiastic they become with more understanding of each day. This year I picked up a few new parts for their fairy garden, an umbrella for Ailey, and a dance bag for Annabelle.
Our Family V-Day Plans
Long gone are the days when Brandon and I would make special plans to be alone on Valentine’s Day. I’m not bitter about the change in our lives as I’m 100% more happy spending February 14th with our little family! We are headed to Modern Apizza for an early dinner and then home for a cozy night by the fire.
Valentine’s Day Posts Around the Web
- Looking for an outfit to wear on this fabulous Friday night? Goop has you covered for every type of outing – from a date night out to a pamper yourself at home night in.
- Still uninspired for your outfit? Here are 7 Non-Cheesy Outfits for Every Valentine’s Day Occasion. My favorite might be “Dinner with the Parents (No Shame)” but with different shoes.
- 10 Non-Cliche Date Night Ideas for Valentine’s Day – I’m all for channeling my inner child and would love to find an ice skating rink to visit!
- Looking for something to cook your Valentine? I’m all about this Dinner for Two: Chicken with Bourbon Orange Cream Sauce.
- Last but not least – Valentine’s Activities Your Kids Will Love.
Looking to treat yourself for Valentine’s Day?
Brandon and I don’t exchange gifts on Valentine’s Day – although I did buy him an egg timer and a card. Sometimes I treat myself on February 14th; this year I bought a 10 pack of Schitts Creek stickers on sale for $5.00. I’m also considering a few items from the Nordstrom Winter Sale:
Auntie M says
Love the girls making Valentines for friends and something for a sister! That is such a special memory. Your Valentine’s Day sounded great. Memories of special times together are what the day is about for us makes February 14 special, whether it is an expensive or a handmade treasure. Enjoy the time!