Looking for a way to celebrate Valentine’s Day at home? Whether your sweetheart is your partner, child, or pet, here are different stay at home Valentine’s Day date ideas.
5 Ways Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Home with Kids
Valentine’s Day is no where close to being my favorite holiday (there are so many more I enjoy!). However, since my daughters love the day of love, I like to make February 14th special in our home. Here are 5 ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day at home with kids.
- I always start the month of February off with an easy Valentine’s Day tradition: daily compliment paper hearts. I write short complimentary sentences, “You are so good at Math!” or “You’re the bravest!” on a cutout heart and leave it at the breakfast counter or on their bedroom door.
- A ‘Love’ themed breakfast (or lunch/dinner) – use red paper plates, serve heart shaped pancakes and strawberries, and decorate the table with faux rose petals. Check out these 30 Love Themed Snacks for Kids.
- Make DIY Handprint Heart Art with your little ones to gift to family and friends.
- “I Love You Treasure Hunt” – Write different reasons why you love your child on post-it notes and hide them around the house.
- Read sweet books together (like the ones below)!
Looking for more ideas? Here are 15 fun indoor activities you can do on Valentine’s Day with your family!
5 Ways Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Home with Your Partner
- Set a romantic table for dinner in the dining room OR on a picnic blanket by the fireplace. Then order your favorite takeout food OR cook dinner together. Try a new dish, set up fondue or make brinner (breakfast for dinner)!
- Have an at home spa-night with face masks, back rubs, and these cozy spa socks.
- Happy Hour – Host your own private wine/beer/cocktail tasting with your loved one (or Galentine!). Create a tasting menu, rank your favorites, and cheers to each other.
- Movie Night – watch a new flick or classic – snuggle up with popcorn, candy, and drinks. Set up a projector in a homemade pillow fort.
- Buy a deck of cards and write 52 reasons why you love him/her on each card. Hide them around the house for your loved one to find!
Looking for more ideas? Here are 5 Things to Do When Date Night Gets Cancelled.