Are you looking for the perfect gift for a college student relative or friend? Juliette has listed some unique and trendy ideas for this holiday season with links!
Gifts Under $25:
- Winter Hat: A winter hat is perfect for a college student, not only because they are stylish, but we students do a lot of walking outside! Since I am in New England, winters are cold here.
- Silk Pillowcases: Last year, I received silk pillowcases from a family member, which became one of my favorite holiday gifts! Silk pillowcases are actually better for your skin and hair!
- Waffle Maker: These mini waffle makers make great gifts! They are very easy to use and great for a college apartment or dorm!
- First Aid Kit: While this may not be the most exciting gift, a first aid kit is something a college student may not always think to buy! Safety matters and this is perfect for a student to have just in case!
- Disposable Camera: These disposable cameras are one of my favorites! My friends and I will bring these to fun events and take so many fun pictures that create great memories!
- Homemade Popcorn Popper: This homemade popcorn popper is great for movie nights! My roommates and I have this one and we love it! All you need is popcorn kernels and butter!
Gifts Under $75
- Water bottle: You can never go wrong with a new water bottle! I have several different ones. A couple of my favorite ones are the Stanley Tumbler, Hydroflask, and Yeti.
- A Roku: A Roku is a streaming device for a television. You can get all your favorite streaming services on this very easy-to-use device. It’s very rare that college offers good cable TV, so these are great for watching shows and movies.
- Duffle Bag: A duffle bag is a great gift for a college student, it can be used for travel, the gym, and a bag for visits home!
- Sweatshirts: Sweatshirts are a staple for a college student’s wardrobe. Click here for a nice women’s sweatshirt I really like. Then click here for a men’s sweatshirt!
- Curling Iron: A new curling iron or even straight iron would make a perfect gift for your college student who enjoys doing hair or is eager to learn!
- Throw blanket: College dorms can get cold, so you can never have too many blankets!
Gifts Under $200:
- A Speaker: A nice speaker is a great gift idea for anyone! Us college students use them several times a week, so investing in a nice one is a great idea!
- Video Games: There are so many video games out there, but a lot of the popular ones come out with new versions around the holidays! If you know an individual that likes them, they make a great gift!
- Record Player: I received a record player my freshman year of college, and I started collecting vinyl records, and it has become one of my favorite hobbies! These make great gifts for music lovers!
- AirPods: I know you can seriously never go wrong with AirPods, I use them all day at college, and so does everyone else.
- Slippers: A new pair of cozy slippers or boots can make a great gift for so many reasons! I wear my Ugg slippers so much in the winter to keep my feet warm and cozy! (men’s version)
Hi Everyone! My name is Juliette, Caitlin’s intern, and I wrote this blog post! A little bit about myself is am a senior at Quinnipiac University, majoring in Communications. I was also born and raised in Maine. I have been interning with Caitlin since last year. Since I’m in college, I am always keeping up with the trends, and I feel like I have a good idea of what we young adults like! Thank you for reading, and I hope this has been helpful!