Christmas shopping for kids can be difficult. I try to find fun activities as gifts for kids to encourage imaginative play and creativity. This Holiday Gift Guide: Gifts for Kids Ages 2-6 is inspired by my daughters’ Christmas wish lists from previous years. You’ll see some of my girls’ favorite toys below, but these gifts can be enjoyed by boys too!
Holiday Gift Guide: Gifts for Kids Ages 2-6
1. Stella Doll : Annabelle’s first baby doll was a Wee Baby Stella. They come in a variety of fabric skin tones and hair styles, with cloth dolls for girls and boys.
2. Trampoline: The perfect (and safe) way for toddlers and little kids to burn off energy inside this winter.
3. Glowing Bath Cubes: These cute cubes light up in the water and turn off when it drains, so kids will enjoy longer tub times.
4. My First Piggy Bank: Includes 10 colorful coins to drop into the piggy’s back or belly – the coins teach animals on one side and numbers on the other. If you have an older child, also gift him/her a real piggy bank!
5. Easy Hit Golf Set for Little Tikes: My daughters always loved this golf game for kids. It introduces competitive play and can be used to teach sportsmanship.
6. Jumbo USA Map Puzzle: Learn about the USA! The big pieces are thick and sturdy and the right size for young kids to manipulate.
7. Jump Into Car Dominoes: I know a few little boys who would love this toy! Create your own race track with these wooden pieces for Bret the Boomer!
8. Gardening Kit: Make a pretend play flower garden blossom and grow with this 16-piece play set with color-changing flowers.
9. Fishing Game: This wooden magnetic fishing game is inspired by our girls’ favorite carnival game!
10. Pretend Mop and Sweep Cleaning Set: Little ones love to clean! This set includes a broom, mop, duster, dustpan, brush, and storage stand.
Check out more Gift Guides for Kids Ages 2-6 from the past few years below.
- The Examine and Treat Pet Vet Play Set is one of the most popular toys in our playroom. All of the stuffed animals visit the Vet and then take a trip to the Groomer or the Training Puppy School.
- All kids love pretend food, especially a sugar free Slice and Bake Wooden Cookie Set. We also enjoy playing with the Pizza Party Set and Scoop and Serve Ice Cream Counter (A FAVORITE!).
- The BEST game we own is Disney’s Eye Found It – a hidden picture game that’s fun for the whole family. We play every night!
- My daughters enjoy drawing and coloring sets, especially when we can take them on trips in the car. This Reusable Drawing and Magnet Kit has 54 magnets, 5 dry-erase markers, and a 13 page dry erase activity book. You can choose between 5 themes: princess, farm, dinosaur, ocean, and trucks.
- Want to encourage imaginative role playing? The Calico Critters Red Roof Country Home Set comes with figurines and furniture, as well as a little house where they can live. My daughters have played with Calico Critters animals and accessories since the age of 2 and still play with them today.
- The K’Nex Budding Builders Set allows your child to show his/her creativity while building and designing whatever they want.
MORE Gifts for Kids
- Connect 4- An easy game that everyone in the family can get a chance to play with. It’s also one of those games you’ll keep forever just because it’s a classic
2. Walkie Talkies– Watch your kids bring out their adventurous side with walkie talkies.
3. Monopoly Jr.– A great way to play the beloved game with the younger ones – bonus: it won’t take hours to complete.
4. Polly Pocket– I remember this tiny toy from my own childhood and my daughters love it too!
5. Microphone– For the ones who love to perform – this is a must have gift!
6. Decoupage Activity– We tried this activity at a kids’ event and LOVED how easy and fun it is.
7.Magnatiles– Fun for all ages, these magnetic tiles can be used to build anything and everything.
9.Osmo Games– I think all of the Osmo games are great for the kids. I haven’t found one I didn’t like- they rule.
10.Guess Who– Another childhood favorite – we love to play this all the time!