Are you looking for safe Fourth of July family activities? Here are some fun and safe ways to enjoy the Fourth of July this summer.
Every Fourth of July, families celebrate our country’s independence together. We’ve been to the beach and watched fireworks, hosted backyard cookouts and relaxed poolside in summers past. This year we don’t know what we are doing yet, but I always love to share a few safe Fourth of July family activities!
Ever since we had children, we’ve spent Fourth of July a few different ways. We’ve seen countless fireworks on the beach in Destin and traveled to Ohio for a barbecue with family. In 2018 our year was most unique because we officially moved into our new house in Connecticut! Every way we celebrate, we like to be together to honor our country’s Independence Day.
Outfits by The Bella Bean
In 2020 families all across the country are planning for unique Fourth of July celebrations. After most states opened over Memorial Day, Covid-19 cases spiked in many communities. The number one way to have a safe Fourth of July is to wear a face covering when you can’t social distance. Some states do not require masks in public, but to protect yourself and others – wear a face covering!
Safe Family Activities for the Fourth of July
If you are looking for safe Fourth of July family activities, check out these fun ways to have safely fun on Independence Day.
- Host a backyard BBQ with a small group of family/friends
- Go camping in your own backyard – this tent is $65!
- Patriotic Song Karaoke
- Pack a picnic and visit a state park/beach
- Make a festive snack – like this Strawberry Blueberry Trifle!
- Decorate your house and dress in red/white/blue
- Handle fireworks safely – check your state for fireworks restrictions before setting off your own fireworks.
- Watch fireworks online – many national firework celebrations will be televised this year!
- Watch a movie under the stars with an outdoor movie projector
- Design a patriotic craft with kids
- Create an at-home waterpark with water balloons, sprinkler, and slip and slide.
- Outdoor Game Day – Create an obstacle course in the backyard!
Ailey and Annabelle’s smocked outfits are from The Bella Bean, an adorable children’s boutique. They have a great collection of Red, White, and Blue clothing for your little ones, as well as a few pieces for Mom to match. If you’re looking for smocked clothing (with the option to monogram), check out The Bella Bean!
I received these items in exchange for my honest review. All opinion are my own.
This post contains affiliate links and I may receive a small commission if you purchase any items above. All opinions are honest and my own. Thanks for supporting Caitlin Houston Blog.