Kids say the funniest things. Today I’m sharing questions to ask your six year old. We asked our six year old Ailey 30 questions about her favorite things and growing up on her birthday – and here is what she said!
15 Questions to Ask Your Six Year Old
- What is your favorite color? Purple
- What is your favorite toy? my American Girl Dolls
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Grilled cheese with extra noodle soup
- What is your favorite television show? Gabby’s Dollhouse
- What is your favorite outfit? The purple dress with flowers on it (its from H&M)
- What is your favorite game? Guess Who
- What is your favorite snack? Goldfish
- What is your favorite animal? A kitty
- What is your favorite song? “Alien Invasion” from Zombies 3
- Who is your best friend and why? Sofia is my best friend because we play together and get along really well.
- What is your favorite sport? Dance
- What is your favorite book? “The Butler Did It” – it was from the library
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? My skip-it
- What is your favorite drink? Lemonade
- What is your favorite dinner? What we had last night – twice baked potatoes with cheese and chicken and green beans
15 More Questions to Ask Your Six Year Old
- What do you know how to do that you can teach others? My skip-it
- What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
- What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My stuffies
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Waffles
- If you could have a new name what would it be? Isla
- What’s the funniest thing that’s ever happened to you? When me and Sofia were running in the bounce house and bonking our heads on the wall and falling.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A singer
- What is your dream vacation? I would go to Hawaii.
- What is going to be the best thing about growing up? I don’t know.
- If you had one super power what would it be? Freeze powers.
- What’s the best thing about being you? That I have curly hair.
- How do you feel about turning six? Great because I am the oldest kid in my class.
- What’s the hardest part about growing up? Taking care of Arbor.
- What do you love most about your sisters? Arbor is funny and Annabelle is funny too.
- What is one of your best memories? When Arbor was born because I can’t say when Annabelle was born because I wasn’t there.
A little bit more about our 6 Year Old
Height: 3 ft 10 in
Weight: 46 lbs
Teeth Missing: Just one – she pulled it out herself on January 1!
Ailey is sweet (but can also be VERY sassy) and silly (definitely my silliest). She likes to make others laugh, but will then be shy in a crowd. Despite her timidness, she loves to dance competitively!
She’s very thoughtful and oh-so-intuitive. Nothing gets by Ailey… she picks up on everything around her. We always say Ailey has BIG emotions – and that she feels everything a little bit stronger than others do. This makes her such a passionate but sensitive little girl (and even more special!). Ever since her baby sister was born a year ago and she started Kindergarten in the fall – we have had to work hard to control those big emotions.
Drawing has become Ailey’s new hobby over Christmas break. She enjoys watching “How to Draw” videos or copying illustrations in books. We are astounded at how well she can draw – and also loves crafting. She likes watching Gabby’s Dollhouse “Crafting is Fun” videos or seeing people make tiny dollhouses. She actually built her own tiny dollhouse out of a cardboard box, felt, pom-poms, etc!
Ailey learned how to swim without swimmies this summer! She loves swimming in the pool and jumping off the edge. She is very cautious though and knows to stay out of the deep end. Her goal is to ride a bike without training wheels before she turns 7!
Want to know what our 6 year old Ailey likes and dislikes?
Favorite Foods: Marshmallow/sweet cereal, cheeseburgers, Choochamooch’s belly, chocolate, apple bars, fruit (strawberries, raspberries, sweet blueberries), chocolate + candies + sweets (I still find candy wrappers all over the house)
Foods She Doesn’t Like: ketchup, school’s mac and cheese, bananas, tomatoes (but will eat sauce)
Things She Doesn’t Like: how corduroy and velvet feels, being the middle child
Her favorite toys are American Girl dolls, Barbie dolls, and small figurines. She has been wanting to visit the American Girl doll store in New York City for a long time – and we went during December on Annabelle’s birthday. It was one of the most fun trips I have ever been on with my kids.