Kids say the funniest things. Today I’m sharing questions to ask your five year old on her birthday. We asked our five year old Ailey 30 questions about her favorite things and growing up.
Questions to Ask Your 5 Year Old
- What is your favorite color? Purple
- What is your favorite toy? My American Girl Dolls
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Noodle Soup, strawberries, oranges, ham + cheese sandwiches
- What is your favorite television show? Sofia the First
- What is your favorite outfit? “Shirts and shorts that show your belly” – side note: she has never worn an outfit such as this.
- What is your favorite snack? Smores Pop Tarts
- What is your favorite animal? Cats
- What is your favorite game? “Eye Found It”
- What is your favorite song? “Bop” by JoJo Siwa
- Who is your best friend and why? Sophie because me and her always play together and I love her.
- What is your favorite sport? Dance
- What is your favorite book? “Cat in the Hat” (but she loves ALL BOOKS)
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? play soccer
- What is your favorite drink? lemonade
- What is your favorite dinner? Spaghetti and Meatballs from Michael’s Trattoria
15 More Questions for your Five Year Old
- What do you know how to do that you can teach others? do a flip on the gymnastics mat
- What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
- What do you like to take to bed with you at night? I would go with my Elf stuffy
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes with whipped cream, sprinkles, syrup (no butter)
- If you could have a new name what would it be? Gianna
- What’s the funniest thing that’s ever happened to you? When I get tickled by Annabelle
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a singer.
- What is your dream vacation? My dream vacation is to Nana and Grandpa Dan’s.
- What do you love about your sister? I only want to do Arbor because I got something she does – I like when you change her diaper because she is so cute. … I love that Annabelle is funny, but not when she scares me.
- If you had one super power what would it be? Water power – it’s when you could control the water.
- What’s the best thing about being you? That I am good at singing.
- How do you feel about turning five? I already am five! …. What do you think about being five? It’s a little hard at being five years old cause I’m not a kid anymore. I’m about to be older.
- What’s the best part about growing up? You get to eat more candy and play with your friends more.
- What’s the hardest part about growing up? You have to take care of your sisters, like baby Arbor. Annabelle takes care of me and I take care of Baby. Who is Baby going to take care of?
- What is one of your best memories from when you were little? Dada would pick me up and I was more cuter when I was little. Not when I’m older.
Want to Know More about Ailey?
Ailey has grown so much in the last year – and quite possibly sprouted another inch since her last checkup! She has long legs and a very lean build, which is far from the chunky little cheeked baby we had 4 years ago.
Height: 3 ft 8 in
Weight: 40 lbs
Clothing Size: Size 5/6 – she just grew out of all her pants though and now needs a 7!
Shoe Size: 11
Teeth Missing: 0
Favorite Foods: Brussel sprouts, fish sticks, watermelon, strawberries, spaghetti and meatballs, waffles, pancakes, mashed potato pizza with bacon, sushi (cucumber + rice), mozzarella cheese sticks
Foods She Doesn’t Like: “I like everything.”
Favorite Things to Do at 5 Years Old
Ailey loves to be helpful (most of the time) and will do often do things for small rewards (a hug goes a long way). She enjoys playing board games with Dada. She likes to go to the grocery store with Mama (especially the produce store) and painting. She runs instead of walks. Ailey enjoys playing ‘My Town’ on the iPad, watching ‘My Little Pony’ and ‘Bluey.’ She has a silly sense of humor and sometimes makes comments that are hilarious (without knowing she is being funny).
This year will be Ailey’s first experience as a competitive dancer. She is on the Mini Company team and has one dance in three competitions during the spring. She memorizes dances easily and loves to be on stage.
More Fun Facts about a 5 year Old: Ailey is an emotional girl (in the best way possible). She feels EVERYTHING and can be extremely sentimental, but is also sensitive. She needs time to cool down when she is mad; she needs a hug to calm down when she is extra upset. Ailey LOVES to read books and says she doesn’t want to learn how to read because she likes making up the stories better.
Ailey is cautious when it comes to trying new things; she knows how easily she can get hurt! That doesn’t hinder her from trying new foods though – she has a more diverse palette than Annabelle.
Leave a Reply