What in the world is Mushroom Congee? Congee is a Chinese Rice Porridge and highly recommended by my friend, a licensed Acupuncturist and natural doctor. Heather is helping me heal my body from inside out since Covid-19 wreaked havoc on my insides for almost 50 days.
After overcoming the world’s nastiest virus, it’s so important that I work to heal my body from inside out. Congee is a warm and nourishing dish recommended for soothing inflammation and boosting metabolism. Mushroom in Congee has added benefits for the lungs and stomach.
Read more here about Healing Porridge Congee.
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 c arborio rice
- 7 c chicken or vegetable stock
- 5 Shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Green onions, Soy Sauce, Hot Sauce optional
- Add the rice along with the ginger, garlic, and 7 cups of stock to a large pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Set a timer for 45 minutes- gently stir every 15-20 minutes.
- Gently stir in the shiitake mushrooms. Cook for about 20 more minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- Top with sliced green onions, soy sauce, or hot sauce (optional!)
Auntie M says
Looks and sounds interesting! I am going to share this recipe with Rick. He studied Chinese cooking while we lived overseas for 8 months. He is a certified Chinese chef.