It’s been awhile since I’ve popped in with a Life Lately update, but we are in October! What better time to share our life lately during October in New England. Here we go!
P.S. If you receive my newsletter (sign up here!) you can hear personal updates more often!
Enjoying Fall in New England
Every fall I make a point to do ALL of the fun things with the family. We still have a few items left on our October bucket list – like carve a pumpkin – but we’ve accomplished a lot! Personally, I started tap dancing again at my daughters’ studio and went on a girls’ trip. And as for the family, from Celebrate Wallingford to picking a pumpkin, from our wedding anniversary to choosing Halloween costumes, we’ve been really enjoying Fall in New England.
Happy 13 Years Married
Brandon and I celebrate our wedding anniversary every October 17th. Each year is more interesting as our family grows – this year we both worked all day and then enjoyed a nice little dinner with the girls at home. I’m excited we are actually celebrating in November when we go to see The 1975 in concert! Even though they’re technically Brandon’s favorite band, I enjoy their music because so many songs remind me of our family.
If you don’t know our story, it’s a good one – you can read it here. During our annual trip to Myrtle Beach with Brandon’s family we had photos with Kellie Smith Photography and she snapped a few of us. They remind me of our engagement photos so naturally I made a grid to see how we’ve changed over the last 13 years.
An October in New England Girls Getaway
My first thought when I was invited on a three night press trip was, “I can’t leave my family.” However, thanks to therapy and my husband, I’m learning how important it is to do things for ME and only ME. Of course I made sure Brandon was cool with being alone with the girls for almost four days before saying YES – but once he did I happily sent over my rsvp. After all, self care is more than just showering and brushing your teeth every day – it’s doing things that make you feel like you!
I spent a long weekend in Newburyport with 11 incredibly amazing bloggers – including my bestest blog pal Claire Wiley. I laughed harder than I have in a long time and felt more like Caitlin instead of Mom. While I do love being a Mother, I also love being me. I’m so thankful to have been given the opportunity to sneak away while making wonderful memories exploring a new-to-me New England slice of heaven.
If you’re looking for a getaway, I highly recommend visiting Newburyport, MA!
5 Things I’m Loving Lately // October in New England
- Arbor is finally sleeping through the night, so I don’t always pass out at 9pm. Here is what I’ve watched (and loved): The School for Good and Evil, Luckiest Girl Alive, Fate: The Winx Saga, Tell Me Lies, Do Revenge, and The Royal Treatment
- I wish I was reading more often, but it’s not easy to sit down uninterrupted with a book. However, this month I’m loving my trusted Melody Beattie’s Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations book again.
- I splurged on these shoes I’ve been coveting for a year with birthday money and know I will wear them for a long time. I also bought these classic dress shoes for an event and they are SO comfortable. Use code CAITLINH15 for 15% off anything on the site!
- Styling outfits for family photos is one of my favorite things to do every fall/winter. We have kids photos with Santa AND family photos next month – I usually use this post as inspo, but like to try something new every year.
- Berets have always been on my radar – but Arbor in a beret is a whole other amazing.