The third trimester of pregnancy can be tough, especially when it comes to working out. Check out my funny third trimester workouts!
Raise your hand if you’re pregnant and exercise on a daily basis? I’m putting my arm in the air but my version of exercise might not be the same as yours. I don’t lace up my sneakers and don a sports bra for the kind of workout I do on a daily basis. There is no required uniform or recommended footwear involved and any pregnant woman can do it. If you want really want to sweat, make sure you have 1-2 children involved.
My third trimester workout has about ten components and it starts as soon as I open my eyes in the morning. Below you fill discover 10 third trimester workout moves that will leave you sweaty and make your heart race.
Enjoy these third trimester workouts!
1.Get out of bed – if you’re not pregnant, it sounds easy enough, right? WRONG. If there was a crane that could lift me out of my bed every morning, that would be ingenious! Rolling out of bed takes so much strength and often causes round ligament pains that make me groan.
2. Shave your legs/other parts – showering in general has become a workout for me since I can no longer see anything below my belly. Even though I am very flexible, and can still balance on one leg with the other posted on the shower wall while I attempt to shave my legs, it does not mean that this activity does not wear me out. Lately if I know I won’t be seeing anyone but my family, I just don’t bother with a razor.
3. Dress a toddler – sometimes I think it would be easier to dress my cat.
4. Walk up/downstairs – on average, I forget why I walk up/down the stairs on a daily basis. Usually it is for something important, so I end up making multiple trips before I have everything I need. I usually end up with my face in the freezer cooling off.
5. Clean up toys – I’ve resorted to crawling around the living room while I pick up my toddler’s toys because the action of bending over to grab 1 of 100 pieces of plastic food in her toy kitchen and then standing up to put it in a basket is too much for this lady.
6. Dress yourself – unless I am putting on a bathrobe, the act of stepping into a pair of underwear, then my Spanx, and finally shorts/pants/dress usually wears me out so much that I have to lay down (on my side) when I am done. Or I end up back in the freezer.
7. Leave your house – loading the car when going out with a toddler, diaper bag, extra snacks and then inevitably having the toddler change their mind last minute of the toys they want to bring – you better have the a/c running and a tall glass of water ready for when you finally get in the driver’s seat. Just strapping your kid into a carseat will wear you out if you have one of those that are easy to get ready to go somewhere.
8. Go anywhere with a toddler alone – you know what will really get your heart rate going? Take a toddler shopping with you somewhere that doesn’t have a cart you can strap her into. Hide and go seek in the clothing racks is a great workout, and so is trying to keep a child contained in a dressing room (why is crawling under the door into someone else’s stall seem like the best idea EVER to a 2 1/2 year old?). I’m sorry to all of my friends who ask for playdates in public places this summer because I will inevitably decline on account of the fact that I will have to drive us home when all I want to do is take a nap.
9. Housework – even loading/unloading the dishwasher is physical activity when you’re carrying an extra 30lbs on your front side. When the house needs to be cleaned, I must allot myself a couple of days to get it all done. Vacuum downstairs – break – bring vacuum upstairs – nap – vacuum upstairs – eat a snack – dust upstairs – break…you get my point.
10. Get up from the floor – usually if I am sitting on the floor and have to get into a standing position, it takes some rolling around and huffing and puffing to do so. My heart really gets racing if I am getting up from laying on the floor and no one is around to lend me a hand.
What kind of “workouts” do you think burn the most calories during your third trimester?