My Sun-dried Tomato White Bean Pasta with Chicken and Spinach recipe is dairy free, light and delicious. I’m always looking for new dinner ideas ever since I started following a dairy free diet instead of eating the same thing every night.
I Love White Beans and Spinach
If you check out my recipes on Caitlin Houston Blog you will see a lot featuring white beans and spinach. They are a favorite combination not just because they pair well together, but they also have a lot of nutritional value. Spinach is rich in vitamins A, C, K and is loaded with iron and magnesium. White beans, on the other hand, are packed with fiber and protein, helping to keep you fuller longer. (source)
The sun-dried tomatoes add a bit of meatiness to the dish, as well as a sweetness. I love fresh sun-dried tomatoes from our local produce center, but you can use jarred sun-dried tomatoes in oil too.
Sun-dried Tomato White Bean Pasta with Chicken and Spinach Recipe
Over the last few months I have perfected a marinade recipe that is our go-to for chicken and shrimp. It is easy and so delicious. The chicken in this pasta dish is marinated for at least 30 minutes and then grilled for 9-10 minutes on each side. If you marinate the chicken for longer it will be even more juicy and tasty.
Note: This recipe can be made vegan by omitting the chicken. You can also add nutritional yeast to the vegetables for a nutty, cheesy taste.
Sun-dried Tomato White Bean Pasta with Chicken and Spinach
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (3-4 chicken breasts)
- 1/2 c soy sauce sub: coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt + pepper
Sauteed Vegetables + Pasta
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes fresh or drained from olive oil
- 1-2 bags baby spinach leaves
- 1 can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion salt
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 box pasta your favorite noodle
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl or large Ziploc bag. Add the chicken. Allow chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Grill chicken for 9-10 minutes on each side or until the final safe internal temperature of 165°.
- Allow chicken to cool slightly before cutting into bite sized pieces. Cover and reserve for main dish.
Sauteed Vegetables + Pasta
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a dutch oven or large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and white beans. Season with salt, pepper, garlic and onion salt. Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until beans are soft.
- Cook pasta separately according to directions.
- Drain pasta and add to vegetables. Add chicken. Drizzle with olive oil and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.