Enjoy my latest installment of Random Things: October 2023. From random things on my mind to what I’m reading or watching, here is a peak at my October.
7 Random Things on My Mind – October 2023
- This fall the leaves are changing in Connecticut in the most strange way. Many trees are still green with random pops of red/yellow/orange! I think the trees will pop over the next week.
- The Eras Tour movie was so fun – I would absolutely take my daughters to see it again.
- The Old Farmer’s Almanac released their winter 23-24 predictions and I had the most incredible flashback to a childhood memory. The only person I’ve ever known to have multiple copies of the Old Farmer’s Almanac was my Grandpa Will. He kept them in a basket on the bathroom floor in his house in Maine, which always smelled like Gold Bond and Irish Spring.
- Gweneth Paltrow is selling Goop and says she’ll disappear from public once the sale is complete, Will she never act again?
- I miss going to the movie theater for big premieres. The ‘Hunger Games’ prequel is already on my must-see list for November and now I’m adding another. Martin Scorsese’s ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ with Leo and Robert DeNiro looks like a great movie to see in the theater this fall/winter.
- I don’t like the new – but if I see a headline about Archaeology I’m going to read it. How crazy are these stories about a 19th century shipwreck found under a road or the discovery of Egyptian wine from 3000 B.C.E.?
- Everyone has an opinion… I don’t care about Travis and Taylor – but I care about Travis and Taylor. She deserves to be happy, but why does their relationship seem like it’s headed towards engagement before NYE?
In My October Shopping Cart
On My Radar – October 2023
- Fat Bear Winter may be a new trend I actually embrace. “There can be no denying that exercise is good for us, but even fitness brands are coming to understand that the obsession with the body is making no one happier — or fitter.” – Alexandra Jones
- This sweater and this shirt – new October staples in my closet.
- The Royals love J.Crew – do you? I have been a lifelong fan of J.Crew, but their love of fast fashion style sometimes deters me from shopping their site. Perhaps the recent headlines about the Royals and J.Crew will keep the weird items away.
- I’m no baker – but my sister is. Perhaps she can make these Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes for me soon?
- Here is the latest Fall Foliage Viewing Map for all of my New England friends.
- Enter Gen V – a follow-up to Amazon Prime’s The Boys (which has been on my radar before). It’s just as inappropriately raunchy, entertaining, and fulfills my secret love for superhero storylines.
- Uggs never go on sale – but they are today! Note: Ultra Mini and slippers are included in the sale.
- The ultimate list of Halloween Movies for Kids (helpful when you have toddlers and little ones who get scared easily).
- B and I just went on a date night and I wish I had this: 40 Things to Talk About on Date Night (Besides Your Kids). I will bring it along on our next!
- THANK YOU to Princess Kate for making sure skinny jeans are still in style.
Random Things is a monthly installment on CHB. These posts contain affiliate links – which if used to make a purchase may result in a small commission earned. All commissions go towards our family. As always, thank you for your support of Caitlin Houston Blog.