Enjoy my latest installment of Random Things: August 2023. From random things on my mind to what I’m reading or watching, here is a peak at my August.
7 Random Things on My Mind
- School starts in two weeks – and we have one more trip before we go back to our regularly scheduled programming. While I can’t believe it’s almost time for school, I also feel like this summer was very long and full of amazing moments. That makes me very happy.
- One thing I’m NOT feeling yet is Fall. I can’t get into any type of fall mood until September 1st – but it’s been everywhere on social media and in stores since August 1. I’d love to finish summer!
- Over the last few weeks I tried to add dairy back into my diet in the form of pizza. I’m sad to report it’s be a failed reunion (as always). Cheese and I are never going to be friends again.
- It’s been a few weeks since I last breastfeed Arbor and I’m still feeling waves of sadness that it’s all over. She doesn’t ask often (only once in the last week), so I think I miss it more than she does.
- There is a new drug on the market for Postpartum Depression and I just don’t know how I feel about taking something so new (especially since it’s not approved for breastfeeding). While I appreciate the concern and focus on creating a drug specifically for PPD, shouldn’t they do more testing before it is approved?
- I’ve been waking at 4:15am during the week to have some time alone. It’s always easiest to do on Monday and Tuesday, but becomes more difficult as the week goes on. Why is this?!
- Positive Affirmations – I really think they work. I’m going teach my girls to say one of these positive affirmations before they head to school each morning. Hopefully it helps brighten their spirits and strengthen their self confidence!
On My Radar – August 2023
- This list of questions to ask your child after school (instead of ‘how was your day’) is awesome! I can’t wait to try them out on my girls.
- I LOVE this highlighter and use it on my cheekbones and eyebrow bone daily. It looks so natural.
- Back in May I heard a Longchamp resurgence was upon us. Perhaps it’s time to pull out my collection from college?
- Want to help some incredible teachers this school year? Check out these teacher supply wish lists on Amazon here!
- I know I said I’m not thinking about Fall, but I’m here for this trend. Classic white shirt + casual bottoms + ballet flats = perfection.
- Ashley Olsen secretly had a baby six months ago? Not only am I impressed with her hiding the pregnancy, but now I’m invested in learning more.
- Before the season ends I would love to visit The Place in Guilford with my family. It’s been over a year since we last went – and it holds a special space in my heart. If you want to experience a real New England clambake without going to a beach or cooking it yourself, The Place is a must visit outdoor restaurant.
- The Summersalt sale is still going strong – and I am genuinely in love with these sustainable swimsuits. Last summer I thought the swimsuits they sent me to try out were too risqué, but it’s only because I requested the wrong size. If I size up twice then the swimsuit fits perfectly! Summersalt swimwear is ideal for Moms chasing toddlers on the beach. My favorite styles are the Perfect Wrap One-Piece, The Ruffle Oasis, and the Ruffle Backflip.