This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #CallieCrew #CollectiveBias
Motherhood is tough. It is a job I never thought would be so difficult. Thankfully, I have multiple girlfriends who share the role of Mommy and know how to get me through the tough times. Whether it’s a five minute phone call or a stroke of luck and we actually get to meet up without our kiddies, I cherish the moments I can spend with my fellow Mommas. One of my bestest friends is a Momma of two who really gets me. She’s always surprising me with a homemade banana cream pie (my favorite) or treats for my girls, so I think it’s about time I surprise her with something fantastic, like a DIY Mommy Emergency Kit. As a way to say, “THANK YOU,” I put together a gift to give one of my bestest girlfriends. She truly is my go-to for great conversation, good laughs, and companionship. My Mommy’s Emergency Kit is the perfect goodie basket to cheer up a Mommy who may need some time away from her little ones. The Mommy Emergency Kit has all the essentials for a kidless time out. You can create your own emergency kit or make one for a friend filled with items to fit your friend’s personality
Here are some ideas for a Mommy’s Emergency Kit:
- Activity – One of the best ways to destress is art therapy – so why not include an adult coloring book and markers. If your friend doesn’t care for coloring, how about a trashy magazine? Some girls like to paint their own nails – so a seasonal nail polish
- Snacks – Whether your friend is a fan of the salty or the sweet, make sure you add something to munch on. My best friend loves chocolate so there will surely be a few in her kit.
- Wine – If you’re like us, nothing says emergency like wine.
- Optional beverages: Tea or Coffee with a matching mug.
- Drinking glasses – One cannot enjoy a new bottle of wine without a new wine glass. Make it a fun seasonal wine glass or one with a monogram – something her husband won’t take and use.
Callie Collection wines are made for moments you want to stop in time. A Mommy’s escape from her kids is definitely a precious moment she does not want to end.
The Callie Collection pays tribute to the beautiful California Central Coast where the wines are sourced. The Callie Collection wines are balanced and easy to drink with beautiful aromas and fresh flavors. A great feature of Callie Collection wines are the easy twist off/on cork in case you don’t have time to enjoy the bottle. You can find Callie wins in three varietals: a bright Pinot Grigio, balanced Chardonnay, and a fresh Red Blend.
If you were creating a Mommy’s Emergency Kit, what would you put inside?
deborah reynolds says
Love the idea and since I love wine I think this is perfect. My only other accompaniment would be cheese other than that I would truly appreciate this.
Such an adorable gift! Can non-mommies get this gift basket, too? Please and thank you!
This is a great kit! I think I would also include some spa items, mom can always use some pampering 🙂
That is not a kit just for mothers. I love it and would love one for myself and I am 74 years old. There are so many times I want to just get away from every day life and lock the world outside. I volunteer sitting with elderly and its not an easy job both mentally & physically. I find myself depressed at times and need to step away for a day. Adult coloring is a great way to detox from all kinds of stressful things. Thanks for the ideas.