Creating a baby registry for a third pregnancy feels very awkward. However a lot can change when it’s been five years since you were last pregnant. Want to know how to create a baby registry for a third pregnancy? I’m sharing a list of Baby Registry Ideas for a Third Time Mom with traditional must-haves and new-to-me products.
How to Create a Baby Registry for Third Pregnancy
The best way to create a baby registry for a third pregnancy is to take inventory of what you have and reflect on what you love from the past. Then consult with other Moms about their current favorite products – I guarantee there is a lot of new stuff you haven’t heard from! I know I’ve been pleasantly surprised to learn of all the new innovative items for babies and Moms.
In the past, I shared my Baby Registry must haves for Mom and Baby – but so much has changed since I was first pregnant in 2013. My first baby registry features products that are no longer deemed safe for babies. My second baby registry included my old favorites, plus new items recommended by Moms. The third time around is always a charm, right? I’ve combined my old knowledge with new input to create the ultimate baby registry list.
Traditional Must Haves for Mom and Baby
There are quite a few traditional must haves for a baby registry which stand the test of time (and recalls for safety!). Here are my favorite items for Mom and baby:
- Muslin Burp Cloths – these are the most durable and absorbent for spit up or excess milk while nursing
- Diaper Genie – I don’t have a brand preference, but this odor absorbing contraption is very necessary
- Pacifiers – If you want to use them with your baby, order a few different kinds to try out! We love Wubbanub.
- Countertop Drying Rack for Bottles/Breast Pump Parts
- Waterproof Mattress Cover
- Diaper Bag – from backpacks to tote bags, there are SO many options – just choose one you love!
- Feeding Support Pillow – Trying out the Snuggle Me this time around
- Baby Lounger – I love Dock-a-Tot and will also be trying the Snuggle Me Lounger
- Breast Pump – NOTE: you can get this covered by insurance
- Breastfeeding supplies – milk bags, extra parts, hand pump, nipple shield, I LOVE Soothies
- Changing Pad for Changing Table
- Car Seat + Stroller System (I’ve always used Britax but this time I’m trying UppaBaby)
- Travel Changing Pad
- Diaper Bag Dispenser and Refills – the key to disposing smelly diapers on the go
- Sound Machine
- Wipe Warmer – I’ve loved mine since day 1!
- Bumbo Seat – or some variation
- Stroller Hooks – the only way to carry grocery bags when shopping with a stroller
- Baby Monitor – I don’t have a favorite, but this baby monitor is highly recommended and so is this one
- Teething Toys
- Bath Toys + Water Cup
- High Chair
- Car Seat Mirror for Your Car
- Aquaphor – for EVERYTHING
- Diapers and Wipes
- Nail clippers with light
- Zipper Pajamas
- Hooded Bath Towel and Wash Clothes
- Sensitive Skin Bath Products – We loved Baby Cetaphil and Aveeno but are trying new ones this time too!
- Medicine – stock up on baby Tylenol, gas drops, diaper rash cream, ointment, etc.
- White Onesies – long sleeve + short sleeve
- Baby socks
- High Chair
- Baby Bath Support
- Baby Carrier – I love the Baby Bjorn, but there are so many! I am trying some new ones this time.
- Solly Baby Wrap
Here’s a peek of me and 6 month old Ailey:
New-to-Me Items You Should Have on Your Baby Registry
I cannot believe how many innovative products are on the market for babies and new Moms. Here is a list of new-to-me items Moms recommend you should put on your baby registry.
- The Haaka or some other manual breast pump/milk catcher
- Baby Shusher – portable sound machine
- Babybjorn Bouncer
- Newton Mattress
- Nested Bean Weighted Swaddle
- Vava Baby Monitor
- Simply Magnetic Pajamas
- Lovevery Play Gym
- Halo Bassinest
- Diaper cream brush
- Tubby Todd Products
- Hatch Rest Plus
- NoseFrida (and other FridaBaby products)
- Portable Fan
- Zutano Booties
- Cloud B Sheep
- Little Sleepies Pajamas
- Guava Lotus Anywhere Travel Crib
- Baby BreZZa Sanitizer
- Oogiebear – Ear Wax and Boogie Remover
- SPF Baby Blanket
- Keekaroo Peanut Changer
- Owlet Smart Sock
- Comotomo Baby Bottles
- Glow in the Dark Pacifiers
- Love to Dream Swaddle Wrap Up
- Hands Free Pump Bra
Once the baby is born and we get to know one another, I’ll write a post about our absolute must haves for the third pregnancy. I know we may discover some items are just not for us!
*This post contains affiliate links. I may make a small commission off your purchase of the items.**