Creating a baby registry for a third pregnancy feels very awkward. However a lot can change when it’s been five years since you were last pregnant. Want to know how to create a baby registry for a third pregnancy? I’m sharing a list of Baby Registry Ideas for a Third Time Mom with traditional must-haves and new-to-me products.
How to Create a Baby Registry for Third Pregnancy
The best way to create a baby registry for a third pregnancy is to take inventory of what you have and reflect on what you love from the past. Then consult with other Moms about their current favorite products – I guarantee there is a lot of new stuff you haven’t heard from! I know I’ve been pleasantly surprised to learn of all the new innovative items for babies and Moms.
In the past, I shared my Baby Registry must haves for Mom and Baby – but so much has changed since I was first pregnant in 2013. My first baby registry features products that are no longer deemed safe for babies. My second baby registry included my old favorites, plus new items recommended by Moms. The third time around is always a charm, right? I’ve combined my old knowledge with new input to create the ultimate baby registry list.
Traditional Must Haves for Mom and Baby
There are quite a few traditional must haves for a baby registry which stand the test of time (and recalls for safety!). Here are my favorite items for Mom and baby:
- Muslin Burp Cloths – these are the most durable and absorbent for spit up or excess milk while nursing
- Diaper Genie – I don’t have a brand preference, but this odor absorbing contraption is very necessary
- Pacifiers – If you want to use them with your baby, order a few different kinds to try out! We love Wubbanub.
- Countertop Drying Rack for Bottles/Breast Pump Parts
- Waterproof Mattress Cover
- Diaper Bag – from backpacks to tote bags, there are SO many options – just choose one you love!
- Feeding Support Pillow – Trying out the Snuggle Me this time around
- Baby Lounger – I have used Dock-a-Tot for years and will be trying the Snuggle Me Lounger
- Breast Pump – NOTE: you can get this covered by insurance
- Breastfeeding supplies – milk bags, extra parts, hand pump, nipple shield, I LOVE Soothies
- Changing Pad for Changing Table
- Car Seat + Stroller System (I’ve always used Britax, but this time I’m trying UppaBaby)
- Travel Changing Pad
- Diaper Bag Dispenser and Refills – the key to disposing smelly diapers on the go
- Sound Machine – The Hatch Rest is the BEST sound machine for babies.
- Wipe Warmer – I’ve loved mine since day 1!
- Portable Booster Seat or Pop-In-Seat Booster – where was this for my older girls?
- Go-Pod Portable Activity Chair – great for traveling with baby to pool/beach/camping/outdoor events before they want to be on the move 24/7
- Stroller Hooks – the only way to carry grocery bags when shopping with a stroller
- Baby Monitor – I don’t have a favorite, but this baby monitor is highly recommended and so is this one
- Teething Toys
- Bath Toys + Water Cup
- High Chair – We love The Chair from Lalo but it is pricey – I have heard this one is a great cheaper version
- Car Seat Mirror for Your Car – this one is the most clear I’ve ever owned
- Aquaphor – for EVERYTHING
- Diapers and Wipes
- Nail clippers with light – the light is a must have for clipping tiny baby nails
- Two Way Zipper Pajamas
- Hooded Bath Towel and Wash Cloths
- Sensitive Skin Bath Products – We love Baby Cetaphil and Aveeno
- Medicine – stock up on baby Tylenol, gas drops, diaper rash cream, ointment, etc.
- White Onesies – long sleeve + short sleeve
- Baby socks (even though we don’t like them)
- Snap or Velcro Booties for babies born during cold months
- Baby Bath Support
- Baby Carrier – I love the Baby Bjorn, but there are so many! It’s all about preference.
- Solly Baby Wrap
Here’s a peek of me and 6 month old Ailey:
New-to-Me Items You Should Have on Your Baby Registry
I cannot believe how many innovative products are on the market for babies and new Moms. Here is a list of new-to-me items Moms recommend you should put on your baby registry.
- The Haaka or some other manual breast pump/milk catcher
- Yogasleep Portable Sound Machine – the BEST
- Baby Shusher – actually makes a Shushing sound and works wonders
- Babybjorn Bouncer – everyone I know says this it the best baby lounger of all time
- Newton Mattress – safe, breathable
- Nested Bean Weighted Swaddle
- Vava Baby Monitor
- Simply Magnetic Pajamas
- Lovevery Play Gym
- Halo Bassinest – update: we did NOT use ours!
- Diaper cream brush – update: this is not really great – we barely used ours
- Tubby Todd Products – update: great baby products but not not great for newborn eczema
- Hatch Rest Plus – the best baby sound machine
- NoseFrida (and other FridaBaby products)
- Portable Fan – lifesaver in the summer
- Zutano Booties – our favorite baby booties
- Little Sleepies Pajamas
- Guava Lotus Anywhere Travel Crib
- Baby BreZZa Sanitizer
- Oogiebear – Ear Wax and Boogie Remover
- SPF Baby Blanket
- Keekaroo Peanut Changer
- Owlet Smart Sock
- Comotomo Baby Bottles – update: baby did not like this bottle
- Dr. Brown’s Bottles – update: baby loves this bottle
- Glow in the Dark Pacifiers
- Love to Dream Swaddle UP – read my review of these swaddles (we LOVE them!)
- Hands Free Pump Bra
Once baby is born and we get to know one another, I’ll write a post about our absolute must haves for the third child. I know we may discover some items are just not for us!
Newly pregnant and not ready to start the registry? Start here with this Preparing for a Baby Checklist!
*This post contains affiliate links. I may make a small commission off your purchase of the items.**