Today I’m sharing a spin on our usual soup dinner recipe with a warm delicious Escarole Bean and Potato Soup. Enjoy!
I enjoy making soup any time of the year but mostly during the cold months of fall through winter. Soup is a versatile dish because you can combine countless ingredients and broth. My family loves escarole and beans in pasta, pizza, and in all types of soup. Now they can enjoy a soup featuring Escarole, White Beans, White Potatoes.
This soup is dairy free and vegetarian. I often follow a dairy free diet and make a lot of my food with plant based dairy substitutes. This recipe can use regular cheese if you enjoy it though!
The Easy Soup Recipe
Escarole, Bean and Potato Soup
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 3 carrot chopped
- 2 stalk celery finely diced
- 2 box vegetable broth
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- 1 tspn dried minced onion flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups potatoes chopped into small cubes
- 2 cans cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 head escarole soaked in water to remove dirt
- olive oil
- In a large Dutch oven or stock pot, add diced onion and celery with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté until they begin to soften.1 large onion, 2 stalk celery, olive oil
- Add all the remaining ingredients into the pot EXCEPT the potatoes, beans and escarole.3 carrot, 2 box vegetable broth, 1 tspn garlic powder, 1 tbsp fresh parsley, 2 tsp salt, 3 tsp black pepper, 1 tspn dried minced onion flakes
- Bring ingredients to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cubed potatoes and beans. Cook for 15 minutes.2 cans cannellini beans, 4 cups potatoes
- Add the escarole and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, approx. 10-15 minutes more (this is all largely dependent upon the size of the potato cubes).1 head escarole
- The soup is done when the potatoes are tender. Serve with shredded parmesan cheese and a slice of crusty bread.