Looking for Dairy Free Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas? If you’re following a dairy free diet over Thanksgiving too, enjoy this list of milk-free recipes for Thanksgiving.
Over the last year I have been on a dairy free diet for a few reasons. At first it was due to a possible dairy allergy in my breastfed infant. And now, it’s because I feel better when I’m not consuming dairy. During the holiday season it can be hard to find dishes to eat that do not contain dairy. Look at the most indulgent recipes and there is always some type of milk or butter ingredient!
Tips for Making Your Thanksgiving Dinner Dairy Free
- If butter is the base for cooking (or is used to finish the dish), swap it out for extra-virgin olive oil.
- Instead of using milk in your mashed potatoes, use vegetable or poultry stock.
- Substitute vegan butter for your real butter on the table – we love Earth Balance products.
- Substitute an unsweetened plain nut/oat milk for cow’s milk.
- Make your own dressing or vinaigrette – store-bought may have hidden dairy ingredients.
- Don’t forget – you can always serve dairy products on the side for guests.
Dairy Free Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas
If you’re following a dairy free diet over Thanksgiving too, enjoy this list of milk-free recipes for Thanksgiving. I have also included tips for making dishes dairy free!
Dairy Free Thanksgiving Appetizers
- Any type of Stuffed Mushroom made with DF butter – These Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms look yummy!
- Golden Cornbread (optional jalapeños)
- Hummus + Veggies + Crackers – Try this White Bean Pumpkin Hummus
- Carrot Ginger Soup (sub vegan butter and coconut milk for the dairy ingredients)
- Vegan Pimento Cheese Ball (I LOVE a cheeseball and this one looks so good!)
- Vegan Sausage Balls OR Dairy Free Sausage Balls
Dairy Free Sides, Main Course, and Dessert Ideas
- My Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes
- Dairy Free Stuffing
- Store bought Biscuits – Did you know some Pillsbury biscuits are vegan (check out the complete list)?
- Homemade Simple Vegan Dinner Roll
- One of my Dairy Free Soups like this Dairy Free Baked Potato Soup
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Herb Roasted Turkey (no butter required!)
- Baked Ham – most recipes don’t require dairy anyways!
- Oat Free Dairy Free Apple Crisp
- Pumpkin Applesauce Muffins
- Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie
- Want more sweets? 28 Vegan Dessert Recipes for Thanksgiving