Looking for an easy delicious dinner? Crockpot Chicken Philly Grinders are a flavorful family favorite.
Cooking while pregnant can always be a difficult task. Cooking with a newborn is even harder! We are getting ready to welcome our first baby next month and in preparation for her arrival – I’m learning easy recipes for dinner.
One of our new favorite meals is Crockpot Chicken Philly Sandwiches.
I found a recipe online for Chicken Phillies in a crockpot and tweaked it a little to accommodate our tastes. These Chicken Philly Grinders are SO easy to make and absolutely delicious. Brandon has been requesting them once a week since I first made a batch!
The following recipe makes at least 4 Chicken Philly Sandwiches – however we always have extra filling. The grinder rolls can be replaced with Italian Bread or a Hoagie roll. I bet the Chicken Philly mix would taste good on a baked potato too.
Crockpot Chicken Philly Grinders
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 lbs
- 2 green peppers sliced into strips
- 1 white onion sliced into strips
- 1/2 c chicken stock
- 3 tbsp Montreal chicken seasoning
- 8 slices American cheese
- Grinder Rolls
- Cooking Spray
- 2 tbsp Butter Earth Balance or Real Butter
- 1. Spray the bottom and sides of your crockpot with cooking spray. Lay your chicken breasts on the bottom. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon seasoning on top of chicken.
- 2. Layer the green peppers and onions on top of the chicken. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning over the vegetables. Add the chicken stock and 1 tablespoon butter substitute.
- 3. Cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for four hours.
- 4. Use a fork and knife to shred your chicken (while it is still in the crockpot). If your chicken seems dry, add 1/4 c chicken stock and 1 tablespoon butter.
- 5. Cut the grinder rolls lengthwise. Add two slices of American cheese to one side of the bread. Optional: Toast your grinder rolls in the oven on broil until the cheese is bubbly.
- 6. Use a slotted spoon to add the chicken and veggies to your grinder. You can add ketchup, mustard, or mayo to your sandwich!