There’s nothing quite as refreshing on a hot summer day as a cool crisp salad. This Chopped Cucumber, Olive, Sun-dried Tomato, and Feta Salad is delicious and refreshing. It’s made with chopped romaine, hearty sun-dried tomatoes, tart kalamata olives, salty feta cheese, and crunchy cucumbers. The dressing is simple – olive oil, sun-dried tomato marinade, and salt! This chopped salad can be enjoyed alone or alongside any of your favorite summertime grilled dishes.
If your kids like to help in the kitchen, this chopped salad is a great dish to make together. My oldest daughter uses these kid safe knives to chop the washed romaine lettuce and peeled cucumbers. I try to purchase sliced sun-dried tomatoes and kalamata olives, but there are times when I cannot find them! The kid safe knives can chop both, but you may want to use a real knife or allow your child to pull the olives into small pieces. Note: always check for pits when using whole kalamata olives.
Chopped Cucumber, Olive, Sun-dried Tomato Feta Salad
We eat this salad once a week during the summer. It’s so flavorful and can be enjoyed with or without a side! I first tried this salad at my mother-in-law’s home many years ago when Brandon was just my boyfriend. She switches up the ingredients from time to time, adding black olives or artichoke hearts.
Chopped Cucumber, Olive, Sun-dried Tomato and Feta Salad
- 2 heads romaine lettuce washed, dried, and chopped
- sun-dried tomatoes the best are sliced sun-dried tomatoes in oil (in a jar). Dice these if they are whole and reserve some of the delicious oil for the dressing.
- olives Make sure you use pitted kalamata olives, but you can also add black olives.
- feta cheese make sure to use fresh feta crumbles
- cucumber English cucumbers have the least amount of seeds – peel and slice into small cubes
For the dressing you will need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato oil
- 1 tbsp Jan’s Krazy Mixed Up Salt check your seasoning aisle at the grocery store
- freshly ground pepper to taste Whisk together ingredients in a small bowl before assembling the salad.
- Wash and dry your produce. Chop the ingredients.
- Toss the salad well – adding feta cheese last.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad, then toss to coat.
- Enjoy! I love to eat my salad with a side of crispy naan, grilled chicken, or fresh bread!