1 roll Pizza Dough (Trader Joe’s)
1 container Ricotta Cheese
1 container Basil Pesto (Trader Joe’s)
16 oz shredded Mozzarella
1 bag Arugula – rinsed
Ken’s Balsamic & Onion marinade (or any balsamic bottle dressing)
1. Allow the pizza dough to rise…take it out of the bag, put it in a deep bowl, drizzle some olive oil over it so it stays moist, and then leave it alone for 30-40 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. When the dough has become big and bubbly – sprinkle some flour on your baking plate, your hands, and the dough. Then use your hands to form it into a flattened…well, whatever shape the dish is that you will be baking it on (either circular or rectanglular – I have both shape pizza stones).
3. Carefully place the dough on the baking stone. Drizzle olive oil over the dough… then add one tablespoon of basil pesto. Use the back of the spoon to spread the pesto over the dough.
4. Spoon on some ricotta cheese… and spread it out with the back of the spoon so that there is a nice thin layer. (If you really love some ricotta, use as much as you’d like! I use the whole 8 oz.)
5. Sprinkle the pie with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the pizza from the oven. While it is still hot, cover the pie with arugula – use a lot or a little depending on how much you like the spicy green leaf.
7. Drizzle the balsamic marinade over the top of the arugula. Cut yourself a BIG slice. Enjoy!!