There is something very exciting about becoming a big sibling. I know my daughters are thrilled to be big sisters very soon! Despite the excitement around a new baby, big sister or brother may feel left out once their new sibling comes home. Here are 10 Big Sibling Gift Ideas to make your first born feel special!
5 Big Sibling Gift Ideas
- Baby Dolls – If you have a toddler becoming a big sibling, buy him/her their own baby doll! Or a basket of baby dolls.
- Big Sister Stuff – My youngest is all about anything with BIG SISTER written across the front of it. A tote bag, t-shirt, bracelet, you name it. If it lets the world know she is no longer the littlest one in the family, she wants it. Big brothers are sure to love a water bottle or super hero cape too!
- Polaroid Camera & Album – Most kids will be very proud of their new little sister or brother. Polaroid cameras are so easy to use! Don’t forget to buy extra film and an album for all the photos!
- Family Tree Kit – Put your oldest in charge of making a family tree with this adorable crafting kit!
- Personalized Books – There are so many different options for personalized storybooks, coloring books, and activity books for big brothers and big sisters.
5 More Big Sibling Gift Ideas
- A Baby Journal – I love the idea of “Baby’s First Year According to ME” an interactive book for big brothers or sisters. We bought one for the girls to fill out about their new sister.
- Welcome to the Family Journal – We received this at our baby shower for the girls to fill out together!
- A Craft or Cooking Set – My daughters’ aren’t just receiving gifts from Santa for Christmas – but also a new baby sister. We strategically purchased a few craft and cooking sets for the big sisters to work on while the new baby is here.
- Active Play Toys – If you have a little big sister or brother, purchase something for them to play with that will use up lots of energy. Annabelle LOVED her mini trampoline when Ailey was born.
- YES Day – One of the most fun big sibling gifts I have heard about comes in the form of an experience. The movie, “Yes Day” has inspired many parents to give their children full reign over the plans for one whole day. Movie theater, ice cream for lunch, nail salon or beach in the winter? There are so many options!