This Zucchini Red Pepper Gratin dish was inspired by a dish by my Mom.
My Mom makes sautéed vegetables during the summer to serve alongside angel hair pasta. She tosses lots of bright vegetables into a skillet with olive oil and cooks them until they are soft. I wanted to omit the pasta and try baking the vegetables with cheese. I love how this dish is savory and salty with a bit of light cracker crumble on top. You could still eat this vegetable dish alongside pasta!
Zucchini Red Pepper Gratin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large red bell pepper – diced
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 3 zucchini, sliced into half moon shapes
- 1 pinch dried herbs de provence
- salt & pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons egg white (Egg Beaters)
- 2 tablespoons fat free milk
- 2 crumbled Light n Crispy Wasa crackers
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make Zucchini Red Pepper Gratin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the red pepper and onion and raise heat to med-low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Stir frequently.
- Add the zucchini and spices – salt and pepper (2 shakes each). Cook for 5 minutes.
- Spread the mixture in a baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites and milk together. Pour over the vegetables. Sprinkle the crumbled Wasa on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top before serving!
Looking for more? TRY THIS VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE!