A Wedding To Do list is very important and a must have for staying organized while planning a destination wedding in Destin, Florida.
A week from Saturday we are going to Destin to check out our ceremony site, reception site, and meet with a bunch of vendors. Originally I thought that we’d head to Florida for a mini vacation, meet with a few people, eat crab legs, and relax on the beach.
Boy was I wrong. We have SO much to do in a short amount of time. I don’t want to rush around Destin the entire time we are there though. Brandon and I would like to spend a couple of hours in the sun. Hope we can get our Wedding To Do List complete.
Things we MUST do Before the Wedding
- Visit the reception site!! We’ve never even been to the Destin Culinary Center, but have great faith it was a wise choice! We are stopping by to visit while they set up for a wedding and going back to meet with the coordinator.
- Meet with the event coordinator
- Meet our photographers (finally!!) and discuss engagement session, ceremony and reception sites, and our vision for the big day.
- Sample Red Velvet Cake at 2 different bakeries – BakeMyDay and Destin Wedding Cakes
- Meet with florists – I’ve contacted 2 and am awaiting responses about appointments
- Hopefully meet with our DJ – I was SO happy to discover our photographers used the same one we have been looking into for their wedding… it’s nice to hear from someone you can trust about the service of the disc jockey.
- Check out the Destin Beachside Inn – and the beach the Inn is located on (in case we decide to do the ceremony there) – so we can finalize our room block.
- Head to the ceremony site (Henderson Beach State Park – scroll down) and take a million pictures – check out the pavilion for a possible rehearsal dinner site.
- Go to the Crab Trap before the crowds roll in at dinner time to see if they do catering…possibly for our rehearsal dinner.
If everything on our Wedding To Do list is complete then we can have fun. We want to eat crab legs, work on a tan, and find fun things to do around the Inn for our guests. I know I have to avoid stress so I don’t get sick!