Kids say the funniest things. Today I’m sharing questions to ask your nine year old on her birthday. We asked our nine year old Annabelle 30 questions about her favorite things and growing up.
30 Questions to Ask Your Nine Year Old
- What is your favorite color? Pink
- What is your favorite toy? I don’t know… my American Girl doll.
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Soup.
- What is your favorite television show? Mako Mermaids.
- What is your favorite outfit? My 9th birthday dress (it’s a teal high low dress with shorts – its a romper with a long skirt behind it).
- What is your favorite game? Operation
- What is your favorite snack? Pringles
- What is your favorite animal? Cat
- What is your favorite song? Any song by Taylor Swift
- Who is your best friend and why? I have so much… Avery, Cadance, Sophia, Hannah, Gianna, Peyton, Other Gianna, Reese, Ava, Tessa, Everly. They are all funny and nice and a good friend.
- What is your favorite sport? Soccer. And dance.
- What is your favorite book? Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Dork Diaries.
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? Collect rocks and sticks to make stuff.
- What is your favorite drink? Pink Lemonade
- What is your favorite dinner? Spaghetti and Meatballs (any kind).
- What do you know how to do that you can teach others? Dance, art, and that’s it.
- What is your favorite holiday? Christmas because I like giving stuff to people and getting to wrap it. I like making different gifts.
- What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Dark pink bunny.
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes.
- If you could have a new name what would it be? Claire.
- What’s the funniest thing that’s ever happened to you? I don’t know.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A vet.
- What is your dream vacation? I want to go to Hawaii – but I don’t want to go on a plane. I want to teleport.
- What is the best thing about growing up? I don’t know. I get to do more stuff like use a hot glue gun.
- If you had one super power what would it be? Teleporting because I want to be able to go places without having to move my body parts.
- What’s the best thing about being you? I have a baby sister and Beeboops is nice and funny. Ailey is fun to play with. And I have a good Mommy and Daddy and a good home. And I have good friends. That’s all.
- How do you feel about turning nine? Happy because I get to go to New York for my birthday.
- What’s the hardest part about growing up? Watching Ailey and Sloane do dangerous things and them not listening to me when I tell them not to, taking care of my little cousins, and watching Beeboops.
- What do you love most about your sisters? Arbor is so nice and funny and she’s good to play with. Ailey is fun to play with.
- What is one of your best memories from this year? Picking up kitties, like Booger (Noni’s cat) who we call Whiskers because Boogers are like snots.
A Few More Questions to Ask Your Nine Year Old
Favorite Foods: Spaghetti and meatballs, fast food burgers and french fries, Chik Fil A grilled nuggets, cotton candy ice cream, ramen noodles, Pad Thai from Funju, mashed potatoes, shrimp, hot chocolate, candy canes
Foods She Doesn’t Like: tomatoes, the school’s macaroni and cheese, lobster, crab, clams, soda or seltzer or anything fizzy
Things She Doesn’t Like: “I don’t like to go to gym class because the gym teacher might as well be evil. I don’t like dogs or wearing socks. I don’t like when you put me in weird clothes. Going to religion class. She despises going to the dentist and getting shots at the doctors.”
Our Nine Year Old’s Favorite Things to Do
Annabelle loves all of her dance classes – she takes gymnastics, lyrical, tap, and hip hop. She loves to watch t.v. (much to our dismay), but also loves to read books. She enjoys making crafts and homemade gifts for people. She loves playing with her baby sister (whom she calls Beeboops), but she is quick to hand her back to us when she has something else to do. Annabelle LOVES to swim and could swim in a pool from morning until night.
This is the first year we noticed how much Annabelle really loves the learning part of being at school. Her favorite subject is Math, especially when she gets to learn new strategies. She enjoys counting money, solving math problems in her head, and everything to do with numbers. We are so happy to hear how she loves being challenged in school too. She has taken a huge initiative to do well within all of her subjects. She often tells us she isn’t as good at reading as she is in Math, but she is just as wonderful. She’s a funny creative writer and has great comprehension skills!
Annabelle doesn’t play with toys as much as she used to – but she still has a few favorites! She loves to play house or school with Barbies, dolls, figurines, and American Girl dolls. She and her sister also like to make funny videos with their dolls/toys using the iPad. They are very silly and creative when they play together.
Annabelle loves magic, fairies, her Elves during Christmas, and learning everything she can about the world. She asks A LOT of questions (sometimes repeatedly) and we laugh because she often remembers more than we think. She can be very goofy and flighty sometimes and sometimes we call her a “Ding-a-ling” because she will do things like leave the house in her slippers.