Today I am linking up with From Mrs to Mama for Blogger 411. All you new readers – now is your chance to learn a little more about me! And for my old readers – maybe you don’t know some of these things about me.
1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I have been blogging since Fall 2008. I started blogging after I realized that I was not the only newly engaged girl planning her wedding. I saw so many girls just like me that were documenting their wedding planning process, and decided I could do the same thing. Then my family could read all about it AND maybe I could help some other bride-to-be out in the process. My blog has changed because 1. I am now married (no longer planning a wedding) and 2. Basically my blog has become a place where I can write about whatever I want.
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I went to two colleges for undergrad – University of Connecticut and University of Tennessee. I have my bachelors in English Literature.
3. Where have you traveled?
Hmm…how do I answer this without taking up your whole morning with a boring list of places I’ve been. Ahh, I know… I can tell you I have NEVER been to Europe, Australia, Asia, or South America.
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
I would pay off my student loans FIRST!
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
People who chew loud, unnecessary noises, and liars!
6. What is your favorite movie?
I have two – Home Alone and The Santa Clause. I love Christmas!
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
I like WINE and WATER the bestest.
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
My me time usually involves a good book or some trashy television show.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Hm, this is difficult. Either J.Crew OR Nordstrom (because they have lots of different designers!).
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
Ooo, I have a good one for you. On the 4th of July I was wearing some brand spankin new Jack Rogers that no one told me I had to scuff up before going out in public.I had just bought a beer from some German bar in Baytowne Wharf in Destin and was heading down the stairs on their deck when suddenly my feet flew out in front of my and I slid down all 6 stairs…on my ass…in my white shorts…and my beer flew out of my hands and exploded on the sidewalk. This happened in front of about 60 people.
Worst part: The bruises on my arms and back were HIDEOUSLY painful. And I was at the beach…so everyone could see them.
11. What day would you love to relive again?
Hands down – my wedding day!
12. If your life was turned into a movie… what actor would play you?
After some collaboration from my family on this question: Keri Russel b/c we have the same hair. Julia Roberts b/c we have the same personality. HOWEVER, both actresses are a bit older than me. Personality and looks could also be Amy Adams…I like Isla Fisher too.
So if we had to pick someone around my age, no clue. Any suggestions?
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
Bus girl at Pizza place, assistant personal trainer at YMCA, sales rep at Fresh on Five Boutique, “model” at Abercrombie Kids (in CT and TN), Director of Communication and Marketing at a company in Atlanta, Nanny, and now…FIRST GRADE TEACHER
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
Junior Prom, May 2002, Me (in blue) and my bff Tina (who just had a baby! Congrats Tina!!)
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Italy and Ireland! Or perhaps Fiji….
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.
My husband and I in Destin, FL two weeks ago.
The most important people in my life!!!
Mom, Dad, Husband, Sister, Brother, Sister-in-law
Plus these two rascals:
My nephews: Ian and Finn
And my sister from another mister Tine. Love this girl forever.
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Hopefully I will be living in a house that my husband and I own… along with our furbaby Mcmuffin and a REAL baby (or two). I will be teaching first grade in a school located in a suburb and I will have a class filled with happy little turkeys that don’t throw tantrums, punch me, or threaten to beat each other up. OH…and all my family and friends will be just as healthy and happy as they could ever be!