These are my motherhood confessions during my second pregnancy. Sometimes Moms have to confess their deepest thoughts.
- The tiny hairs from Brandon’s beard… every time he shaves in our bathroom… make me turn into the Incredible Hulk.
- Sometimes when I get a bagel for breakfast from down the street and I order two instead of one, I pretend I am looking at my phone, like I’m ordering for a friend, so the lady doesn’t know I’m really just a pig.
- Lately my choice for morning music is 112 on Pandora. It is the PERFECT way to start my day… and totally inappropriate for when the students walk in so I am always quick to turn off Ja Rule and switch to Emily Hearn or Bon Iver.
- On Tuesday a fourth grader pointed out I had the same water bottle as his Dad. I didn’t know whether to be insulted or offended… especially because he and his friends were cracking up as I walked away. … honestly I think his Dad and I are just AWESOME for having S’well water bottles. And the kids were just jealous.
- Every time I order tea from Starbucks it leaks EVERYWHERE. The string on the tea bags get so saturated that somehow the tea ends up all over me, my car, and my school bag. I’ve asked them to double cup my tea and even though they do, it still leaks… guess what? Next time I order tea, Starbucks is getting a teacher lecture.
- I cried while watching the new Fuller House trailer. Only 16 more days…
- I didn’t wash my hair for five days in a row – my hair doesn’t get greasy when it’s straight. Yesterday was the 5th day and every time someone complimented my ‘do, I giggled inside knowing how filthy it really was.
- I bought a bag of Airhead Valentines for my class on Saturday and there are not enough left to handout. I may have shared them with my friends (or eaten most by myself). Now I have to go buy something else for the class.
- Annabelle has been testing our patience and her bossiness lately by defying us. When I put her in the hallway to “think about her actions,” she points at me and says, “No” over and over again. Usually I can’t hold a straight face and turn to face the wall, but the other night I had to walk away because I started silent laugh/crying so hard. When she realized I was gone, she stopped saying NO and said in the cutest voice: “Mommy? Where did you go Mommy?” She promptly resumed her “No no no” when I came back around the corner though.
This had me laughing
1) i usually will pretend I’m ordering more than 1 thing for someone else when it’s really for me
2) loooooove my s’well water bottle
3) my best hair is my 3-4 day hair. Complements make me laugh too.
weve been dealing with a sassy toddler too! somehow she turned 2 and just became this crazy little kiddo who never listens and never wants to eat dinner. ugh. its a nightmare at times but were trying our best. my best hair day is the day of ha i wish i could go more than a few days without washing!
#babybigtruck has been on a “NO NO NO” finger waving kick lately too. It’s funny as all get out but man trying to keep a straight face is nearly impossible!
Lauren Harrelson says
Day 3 hair is seriously my best – people are always so shocked, but I swear, thats the day I get the most compliments!
I confess that even though I say we’ve begun potty training, I’m not pushing it too hard or consistently because I just don’t have the time to be sitting him on the pot every 15 minutes. Plus, at 2 years old, it’s not like I’m up to ears in diapers. It’s just easier to change him right now.
OMG the beard hair, I can relate. I don’t know why but it drives me bananas! And we’re dealing with a sassy toddler too.
OMG my husband puts his hairs from when he shaves in the toilet for some reason!? and doesn’t flush them!? so when I go pee I have a minor freak out and think theres a million little bugs coming up into our house via the toilet that are going to attack me while peeing. its a real serious struggle.
Love this! And thanks for the Pandora recommendations! I always listen to Chili Peppers until students arrive (I teach HS), but I am always looking for something more appropriate to play during down time. 🙂
Those tiny beard hairs… I hear ya, girl! So irritating. And I’m so jealous that you can go that long without washing your hair. I try to wash it every other day, but it drives me nuts, and it isn’t pretty. So I’ll only skip a day, if I know I’ll be hanging at home.