There are some very important items all pregnant moms need at the beach. It’s necessary to stay hydrated and covered from the sun’s harmful rays, as well as protected from extreme heat. Pregnant Moms also need snacks and a way to cool off. Here are my tips for pregnant moms at the beach.
1. Pack a 3/4 sleeve Cover-Up as you never know when the sun might become too much
2. Wear a Big Floppy Hat to cover your head and you stay a whole lot cooler
3. Sunscreen spray and lip balm – I love the spray bottles when it’s hot so I don’t have to touch my sandy self.
4. Tumbler and water – A momma-to-be must not get dehydrated on the beach! I keep my tumbler filled with ice and a bunch of water bottles in my bag.
5. Snacks – fruit, nuts, little candies. It is important to have some protein and vitamins between meals.
6. Bathing suit – I am definitely going to wear a two piece as long as I can still fit in one. I have straps for my bandeau top and my bottoms have full coverage.
7. Sandals – Wear something comfortable, but don’t go overboard as you want to be able to walk in the sand. My favorite sandal is my platinum Jack Rogers Navajos.
This is the first year in awhile that I will not be enjoying a yummy cocktail while tanning myself brown on the beach. It’s nothing but bottles of water and SPF 30 for me now that I am “with child.” Baby H seems to be enjoying the beach – the one day we were out in the sun, I wasn’t nauseous and didn’t get a headache. Yah!
Today it is looking like rain, so we might take ourselves shopping and start to prepare for the gender reveal party tomorrow! We aren’t decorating or anything – we are just doing a delicious cake. There are 20 of us here and so far everyone is pretty divided between boy and girl. I love that you all have been guessing too! I will tally up those guesses and let you know what all the readers think on Friday…. anyone else want to join in??
Mrs. C. says
I went to the beach last week and looked like an old lady.. I had to buy a chair (laying on back and tummy a no-no this far along), and a big hat and umbrella because I don’t want to get the infamous “pregnancy mask” from the sun.My husband got a good laugh out of it all, while sipping on his beer, and I on my water. haha
I actually read an article that said the spray is not good for pregnant women or infants. I was pissed b/c I love that stuff. I purchased Alba organics lotion and I do enjoy it. I’ve noticed I burn a lot faster now that I’m pregnant this summer.
I think girl?? I am so excited to hear all about the party! I am throwing one for my sister later this year so I love looking at ideas.
i am guessing girl! [new reader and first time commenter! fellow UConn alum, as well! ;)] enjoy the party! this is such an exciting time! 🙂
Eeeep! I love this! CANNOT wait to hear the news!!! 🙂
“With child”… I wish people still used this term!!
brown eyed girl says
You are pregnant with a girl – I am convinced!!
I am also SUPER ENVIOUS that you know Baby H’s gender!! The ultrasound lady is not the friendliest bird of the bunch at my OBs and won’t even fathom a guess before 7/26. She’s killin’ me, Smalls!!