My Italian chicken sausage soup with spinach is loaded with flavor and protein. It’s an easy to make soup that will warm you on a cold day and fill your tummy!
Soup is a staple on our weekly dinner menu during the winter. There is nothing more comforting than a filling bowl of pasta and vegetables in a broth. My favorite soup recipes are the ones I make up with whatever I have in the fridge – they always turn out the best!
Italian Chicken Sausage and Spinach Soup Recipe
There are many different ways to make this soup – one would just need a meat, green, and pasta. The base is the same for many of my soup recipes: carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and broth.
Here are substitution ideas: You can use any type of chicken sausage – our family loves the roasted garlic flavor. As far as greens, you can use escarole or kale instead of spinach. If you are dairy free, I highly recommend the Follow Your Heart Parmesan Shreds.
Italian Chicken Sausage Soup with Spinach
- 1 Dutch Oven
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 package chicken sausage (precooked) diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 32 oz vegetable or chicken broth boxes
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 box cavatelli pasta or any type of noodle
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1. Add oil to a dutch oven or soup pot and warm the garlic. Add the onions, celery and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add spinach and chicken sausage. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- 3. Add broth and cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 4. Bring to a low boil. Add pasta and stir until cooked al dente (5-7 minutes).
- 5. Serve hot with grated cheese and bread.