For Spring, we make handprint flowers that last forever for the girls’ grandparents. This DIY handprint flower craft is easy to follow and fun to make with your kids.
Living far away from family is tough when the little ones are growing fast. As a way to capture their growth, we love to make handprint art work with the girls each season and send the handprints off to family.
Washable Kids Paints
Instructions to Make Handprint Flower Craft
1. Mark a starting point on the canvas where the base of the palm hits. This is where you will start your child’s hand for each handprint.
2. Choose a petal color and paint your child’s hand.
3. Line up your child’s palm at the starting point and gently press down on the top of their hand to make a handprint.
4. Turn the canvas slightly to the right to make another handprint. Keep turning the canvas and making handprints until you have your desired flower.
5. You may add more paint between each handprint to keep the prints bold or go around a second time for a fuller handprint flowers.
6. The rest of the handprint flower activity does not have to be as messy and can be completed using one finger or a paintbrush. Use brown to make the center of the flower and green to make the stem.
Admire your work!
7. Head to the bathroom to wash your child’s hands.
We love using NEW Dial Complete® 2 in 1 Foaming Hand Wash because not only does it give you soft, smooth hands with 2x the moisturizing ingredients even after repeated washing, but it also kills 99.99% of bacteria encountered in common household settings.
Why is this soap so special? Well aside from the awesome foaming abilities that makes hand washing fun for little ones, Dial® ensures your skin stays clean and moisturized after repeated washing. We wash our hands A LOT when we are doing crafts, so Dial® is a great product to use.
America’s beloved soap brand of 70 years, has designed this new lineup – Dial Complete® 2 in 1 Moisturizing & Antibacterial Beauty Bar and Foaming Hand Wash – to bring both antibacterial and moisturizing properties to one product. There are three delicious fragrant flavors: Manuka Honey, Pearl Essence, and Rose Oil.
We use the Dial Complete® 2 in 1 Moisturizing & Antibacterial Beauty Bar, too, and it works just as amazing to keep my hands moisturized while killing bacteria.
Handprint artwork is one of my favorite ways to keep track of my daughters’ growth.
While handprint artwork can be messy, it is worth the fuss when you’re creating a memory that lasts a lifetime. What other kinds of handprint art can you make with kids?