Making salt dough hearts are the perfect gift to give anyone, like grandparents, this year.
Kids grow up so quickly and I always want to memorialize time in their growth. I have my daughters put their’ handprint in the center of the salt dough hearts. While making these hearts, I told Annabelle the heart doesn’t have to be a perfect shape because it’s made with love.
Ingredients for Salt Dough Hearts with Handprints
1 cup flour
1 cup salt
1/2 cup water
1.Preheat oven to 300 F.
2. Mix salt, flour, and water together with a spatula.
3. Use your hands to knead the dough and form into a ball. (If you are making two handprint hearts, separate the dough into two balls. This recipe makes enough for two small child size hearts, or one large heart).
4. Roll dough onto parchment paper. Mold into a heart shape.
5. Press your child’s hand into the dough. (TIP: If you’re doing this with really little ones, you may have to go back and make deeper impressions of their hands with your fingers because you want the impression to be noticeable).
6. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Personalize with paint, or permanent marker, or just leave it au natural.
Making salt dough is a messy job that requires lots of hand washing.
Salt can dry out your skin, so having SoftSoap® Hand Wash Plus Lotion™ is the best way to lock in moisture. I always keep hand wash plus lotion by the kitchen sink, and the indulgent Shea & Cocoa Butter scent is my favorite.
Annabelle prefers the Orchid & Coconut Milk plus lotion because it is pink of course. Whichever scent you choose is proven to hydrate and will leave you with irresistibly soft smooth skin.
SEE MORE HANDPRINT ART ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS HERE!
Making handprint salt dough hearts is a fun activity you can do with your children any day using items right in your kitchen.
himalayan pink salt says
It does not need to be your hand that salts your food well over what’s healthy.
Poor pool maintenance (not practicing daily, weekly and monthly cleaning).
If you have ever seen anyone swimming within the Dead Sea water maybe you have
seen them floating inside the water.