Whenever I can, I use essential oils for my pregnancy symptoms.
I try so hard to avoid over the counter medications when I am pregnant, but sometimes I take Zantac. Whenever I can, I use essential oils for my pregnancy symptoms. Young Living is my oil distributer and I can honestly say I’m rarely disappointed with oils I buy. Sometimes the smell isn’t that great or I don’t find it working for me. But I still love to use essential oils.
Here are 10 essential oils for pregnancy I keep on my counter or in my purse.
1. Cool Azul – Not really an oil, but this cooling sports gel works wonders on my calf charlie horses and sacrum pains. I keep it in my gym bag and use it after Flywheel. I am obsessed.
2. Lemongrass – If you have painful varicose veins, try rubbing some soothing lemongrass oil on them. My veins are not on my legs, so I have to dilute the oil with coconut oil to avoid discomfort – it happened today and I will NEVER go without a carrier oil again. I notice that when I apply it to my vein down below I feel less pressure and pain.
3. Joy – Uplifting and exactly what I need to rub over my heart when I feel that random pregnancy anger creeping in on me. I mix Joy with Peppermint and diffuse it when I need some happy energy while trying to tackle chores at the house.
4. Peppermint – What don’t I use this oil for? Lately it’s been a drop in a glass of water to help with heartburn and I almost feel instant relief.
5. Lavender – Combined with lemon and peppermint, I have my go-to allergy symptom relief (either taken orally or diffused).
6. Deep Relief – I rolled this on my tailbone the other day and felt a bit more comfortable with the tightness back there.
7. Awaken – Constantly running in my diffuser at school, this oil seems to pump me up for a day of teaching third grade and keep me on task.
8. Owie – This oil isn’t really for me – but more for Annabelle’s numerous boo-boos. We put it on every little oops and ouch she has and it seems to put the smile right back on her face.
9. Tea Tree – Mixed with coconut oil, lavender goes on my chest/back acne at night. Since I am not a fan of the smell, I mix in a little bit of Lavender too.
10. Frankincense – Mixed with Lavender, Lemon, and Coconut Oil, I’m using it to tackle the crows feet and dark circles around my eyes that have seemed to appear with Baby 2.