Looking for an easy chili recipe? This four ingredient crockpot chili recipe is perfect for busy nights or slow Sundays. Chili is a staple meal in our household during the fall and winter. My fall chili recipe calls for ground turkey, but you can substitute ground beef or ground chicken. The only must-have for this easy crockpot chili recipe is canned chili – I promise it’s not as weird as it sounds!
Easy 4 Ingredient Crockpot Chili
There are a few different ways to make this four ingredient crockpot chili – they are all different based on the type of ground meat (turkey, chicken, or beef) and canned chili. There are various types of canned chili that work well in this recipe. Hormel Vegetarian Chili contains beans, spices, and a protein based “meat” to thicken your chili. It’s a little spicy and very delicious! I also enjoy Trader Joe’s Turkey Chili and the Vegetarian Chili. Most recently I heard wonderful things about Trader Joe’s Beef Chili with Beans!
NOTE: BE CAREFUL with canned chili and high sodium content – the reason I don’t add any salt or chili packets to this recipe is because the canned chili has enough seasoning for the whole dish!
This recipe is so easy and perfect for any busy fall night. My daughters weren’t a fan of the double serving of sweet potatoes – so you can use one if you’re not a fan either. Other fun additions to this recipe would be: corn, black beans, green chilis, or diced tomatoes. The options are endless when it comes to crockpot chili!
Easy Four Ingredient Chili
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1 lb ground turkey sub: chicken or beef
- 2 cans vegetarian chili SEE NOTES
- 1 tbsp chili or taco seasoning optional
- Cook ground turkey with a little bit of olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Use a wooden spoon or meat grinder to crumble turkey and cook until no longer pink. Optional: Add chili or taco seasoning.
- Add sweet potatoes, onions, ground turkey and canned chili to crockpot. Cook on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 4 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheese, corn chips or tortilla chips.