After having two daughters, I have built up a collection of diaper bags for every occasion. The only constant in the realm of diaper bag carrying is what you can find inside, the items just change with my daughters’ age. These diaper bag essentials for the Toddler Mom are necessary for surviving life outside the house with two young girls, as is the ToteSavvy diaper bag insert for organization.
More often than not, there are times when I want to carry my own purse instead of a diaper bag. This can cause a huge mess inside my favorite purse, the Neverfull, when there are both my personal items and my daughters’ necessities dumped inside. The ToteSavvy is the only way I can organize everything without my purse turning into a black hole. There are two sides to the ToteSavvy so both my daughters and I have our own space for our own items.
Diaper Bag Essentials for Toddler Moms
- Diapers/Underwear – Even if a child is potty trained, one must be prepared for an accident
- Wipes – Not just for diaper changing, but hand/face cleaning as well
- Changing Pad – The ToteSavvy comes with a changing pad, which is one of the best features for Moms
- Extra Change of Clothes – You never know when someone is going to have an accident
- Sippy Cup/Water Bottle
- Snacks – Lara Bars and Apple Sauce pouches are easy to grab on the go, but sometimes I put their favorite snack in a ziploc and toss in a few juice boxes
- Toys – I carry a little something for each of my daughters. Whether its a tiny figurine or a set of coloring pencils and paper, I never leave home without a toy for the girls.
Diaper Bag Essentials for Moms
- Toiletries – deodorant, tampons, Lip and Skin balm, hand lotion
- Notebook and pen
- Lip gloss
- Peppermint – the wonder essential oil (bad breath, headache, stomach ache, perfume)
- Polaroid camera – I love carrying this instant print camera for those precious moments I want to capture on film
- Camera light (when you’re a blogger, this comes in handy for dark situations when pictures are required)
The ToteSavvy is the best diaper bag organizer for Moms because there are so many different sized pockets. I love the large envelope style pocket on the outside of the tote for my personal items.
There is enough space in the middle of the Tote Savvy so that we can fit other items inside the bag as well. From coloring books to my ridiculously large wallet to the rogue baby doll, my bag stays organized no matter what is put in it in the last moments before we leave the house.