Caitlin Houston Blog shares an easy low calorie recipe made with ground chicken and a crunch called Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 red bell pepper – diced
- 1/2 white onion – diced
- 1 can water chestnuts – drained and chopped
- 2 cups whole grain brown rice
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon siracha optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Lettuce – Bibb Boston, even Iceberg.
- Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray. Cook bell pepper and onion over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
- Cook the chicken and garlic powder in the skillet over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to break up the chicken. When it is no longer pink, drain the fat from the skillet and add the vegetables.
- Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, siracha, and rice. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until everything is thoroughly heated and the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the water chestnuts.
- Serve in lettuce leaves.