IngredientsTrader Joe’s premade pizza dough (or your fav brand)
3 russet potatoes – peeled and cubed
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon parsley
5. Drizzle olive oil over the center of the dough. Use a spoon to spread the oil so that every inch of the pizza is glistening in evoo goodness. Spread the mashed potatoes over the center of the dough (you don’t have to use all of them, just enough to cover the bottom of the dough).
Broccoli Mashed Potato Pizza
- pizza stone
- 1 Premade Pizza Dough
- 3 Russet Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 tsp Parsley
- 1 cup Broccoli Pieces
- 7 tsp Pesto
- 1 cup Shreded Mozzarella
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Corn Meal
- Take the pizza dough out of its packaging, form it into a ball, put it on a floured surface, and walk away. The dough needs to rest for atleast an hour at room temperature.
- Preheat your oven for 500 degrees F. The best pizza is cooked in a HOT oven. In a medium saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water. Cook on high until they are soft. Drain the potatoes in a strainer. Put them back into the saucepan, but not back on the hot burner, and add the milk, butter, garlic salt, pepper, and parsley. Taste – if they are too dry, add more butter. If they are too bland, add more seasoning.
- When the dough has risen, sprinkle some flour over the top of the dough ball and onto the counter top. Make sure that you use a well-floured surface that is large enough to roll out your dough to the size of your pizza stone or cookie sheet. Use a well floured rolling pin to flatten your dough to a shape that is a little larger than the pizza stone you are using.
- Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of cornmeal on the pizza stone. Carefully transfer your dough onto its baking stone – make sure that there is about an inch of dough draping over the side of the stone. Fold dough over to create a crust. Drizzle olive oil over the crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil over the center of the dough. Use a spoon to spread the oil so that every inch of the pizza is glistening in evoo goodness. Spread the mashed potatoes over the center of the dough (you don’t have to use all of them, just enough to cover the bottom of the dough).
- Using a teaspoon, drop the pesto around the pizza on top of the mashed taters. Sprinkle the broccoli over the pizza. Finally cover the pie with the mozzarella cheese. Bake for 40 minutes. Allow to cook before eating. ENJOY! Note: If your pizza is too dry, add more olive oil before you shmear on the taters.