Sadly I forgot to take a picture of the stuffed bread I made for the Super Bowl last night –
so this photo from RachelRay will have to suffice.
1 storebought pizza dough – allow to rise at room temp
2 cups chopped broccoli
1/4 cup diced white onion
1 clove minced fresh garlic
1 can black medium pitted olives, sliced
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon garlic salt
A small cup of milk (any kind)
large cookie sheet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drizzle olive oil in a medium skillet. Cook white onion and garlic over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add broccoli, season with salt, pepper, red pepper, and garlic salt. Cook broccoli until bright green (5-6 min). Allow to cool 2 minutes.
2. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Use flour to coat your hands before handling the pizza dough – on a clean flour coated counter, roll the dough to a size that is big enough for your cookie sheet. Transfer the dough to the cookie sheet.
3. Place broccoli in the center of the dough. Top with olives and shredded cheese. Fold both sides of the dough up over the broccoli and press the edges together – you should have a dough-y log. Seal the ends of the dough together by folding the dough in together (as if you were wrapping a gift).
4. Carefully flip the bread over so that the seam is on the bottom. Use the pastry brush to paint the dough with the milk. Bake for 30 minutes – wetting the dough with the milk every 8-10 minutes.
5. Serve with your favorite marinara!
Leave a Reply