Happy February! After a long weekend in L.A., I’m back to share one of our new favorite recipes: Shredded Chicken Tacos. During my quest to find easy- to-make meals the whole family will enjoy, I created a crockpot recipe we eat once a week.
When making these, there are only a few must-have ingredients. Taco topping preferences differ from person to person, so get creative when assembling.
I love a little dairy free spicy cashew cheese dip and tortilla chip crumbs while my daughters like to add refried beans and shredded cheese. My husband has his favorite taco toppings too, so I always buy a variety.
Shredded Chicken Tacos
- crock pot
- 2 pouches Simply Organic Mild Taco Simmer Sauce Other Options in Notes
- 28 oz Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- Taco Toppings See Notes
- 1. Combine the first three ingredients in a crockpot. Make sure the chicken breast is smothered entirely in tomatoes and sauce.
- 2. Cook on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 4-5 hours.
- 3. Use two forks to shred chicken in a large glass bowl or in the crockpot. If the chicken is not falling apart easily enough, cook for 30 more minutes.
- If you cannot find Simply Organic Simmer Sauce, whisk together 1 package taco seasoning, 1 small diced onion, 2 tablespoons canola oil, 1/2 cup vegetable broth in a bowl.
- Taco Topping Suggestions: sour cream, shredded cheese, crumbled Mexican cheese, broccoli slaw, fresh salsa, crumbled tortilla chips, refried beans, red onions, diced tomato, shredded lettuce.