Raise your hand if you’re guilty of spending a whole night with your hubs or girlfriends binge watching a t.v. series. I can tell you that it’s pretty much a monthly event around these parts – sometimes even weekly.
Before we had little ones, my husband and I would park ourselves in front of the television and lose ourselves for hours upon hours in a must-see t.v. show. The perfect marathon t.v. night is never complete unless you have your favorite drinks and eats to accompany your shows.
Shredded Chicken Nachos
A super easy nacho topping is shredded chicken, cooked in a crockpot over a few hours. I love shredded chicken because it is juicy and delicious!
My sisters and I are all about food that’s filling, but easy to eat – like loaded nachos. I cook chicken in the crockpot with salsa and taco seasoning all day on low in preparation for our marathon. While it’s cooking, I whip up an easy salsa using canned tomatoes that tastes just like something from a restaurant.
It is easy to make shredded chicken nachos and homemade salsa for your next marathon t.v. night!
Shredded Mexican Chicken
1.5 lbs boneless chicken breast
1 packet taco seasoning
1 jar salsa
- Place chicken breasts in a crockpot. Cover with taco seasoning and salsa.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Use two forks to shred apart the chicken.
Restaurant Style Homemade Salsa
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 bunch cilantro
- Puree the tomatoes in a food processor.
- Dice the jalapeno (seeds removed if you want it less spicy, seeds in if you want some kick), roughly chop the cilantro, and cut the lime.
- Add the ingredients to the tomatoes and mix together.
- Allow the salsa to sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Enjoy!
Loaded Nachos with Shredded Chicken and Homemade Salsa
Layer nacho chips with your favorite toppings. We love cheese, olives, shredded chicken and fresh cilantro. Other topping ideas: sour cream, guacamole, fresh avocado, fresh jalapenos, lettuce, or anything else you fancy.