Eating dairy free doesn’t have to be boring. Check out this recipe for Red Pepper and Spinach Dairy Free Quiche
One of my favorite things to eat for breakfast or brunch is a cheesy quiche packed with delicious vegetables. My Mom makes the BEST quiches around. However, since I went dairy free I have been missing quiche oh-so-much. To cure my craving, I experimented with a few dairy free quiche recipes around Christmastime. Last weekend I perfected it. I hope you can make this at home and enjoy it in all its dairy free goodness!
How to Make Red Pepper and Spinach Dairy Free Quiche
The first important thing to remember when making a quiche is to allow your pie crust to soften to room temperature. It makes it easier to lay in the baking pie dish. The second thing to remember is to sauté raw vegetables until soft. I don’t like when my vegetables are too crunchy in a quiche!
Red Pepper and Spinach Dairy Free Quiche
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup spinach leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Almond milk Coconut or Soy works well too
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Daiya cheddar cheese or any dairy free shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Carefully roll out your pre-made pie crust. Spray your pie dish with non-stick cooking spray. Drape the dough onto a pie dish.
- Heat olive oil over medium low in a skillet. Cook onions and peppers for 5-7 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, spices, and milk. Beat together.
- Add onions, pepper, spinach, and cheese to the egg mixture. Carefully stir with a spatula.
- Pour into pie dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the center of the quiche is firm.
Quiche is enjoyed best either hot or cold. Sometimes my family eats it right away and others we save it for the evening. Who said a dairy free quiche has to be eaten for breakfast? There are plenty of other ways to make dairy free quiches with a variety of ingredients. Try adding crumbled bacon, different flavors of milk-free cheese, or broccoli.