In an installment of Life Lately // November 2020, I’m talking about moments from last month. From holiday preparations and celebrations to what I’m reading, watching, and wearing, here is a deeper look at our life lately.
Kicking off the Holidays at the VRBO Lifetime Holiday House
I thought I was dreaming when vrbo reached out to invite my family and me to stay in a Christmas themed house in Greenwich. We revealed our merry magical weekend adventure staying at the vrbo “It’s a Wonderful Lifetime” Holiday House HERE.
Have you ever wanted to know what it’s like to be in a @lifetimetv holiday movie? Well, we found out – from Christmas trees in every room to a Santa letter writing station, backyard polar bears, twinkly lights and more! Luckily, our family was just a short drive away, so we were able to experience the once in a lifetime getaway safely.
Life Lately: Decorating for Christmas and Thanksgiving 2020
The night before Thanksgiving we picked out a Christmas tree and decked the halls from inside out. Our home feels like a winter wonderland! Since we will be indoors most of this holiday season, it’s only appropriate that we decorate from top to bottom. I’ll be sharing a holiday home tour soon!
The photo above is the best we could get on Thanksgiving because the girls were anything but cooperative. My three year old niece snapped the candid above! We spent Thanksgiving at my parents’ house with my pregnant sister and her family. It was the smallest Thanksgiving gathering we have ever had due to the pandemic – and I missed my extended family so much.
What I’m Reading Lately
Reading // Did another month come and go where I’ve not read any books? The answer is yes. Even though I’m a Book of the Month Club member, I’ve been working day/night on CHB. Once I finish my final partnerships of the year I’m tackling my stack.
Watching Lately in November 2020
Watching // Whenever I’m not watching holiday specials or our favorite family Christmas movies, here’s what’s on my screen.
- The Queen’s Gambit: If you haven’t already watched the mini-series – go now! It looks like it’s about a prodigal chess player, but there’s so much more to it. Plus her outfits are amazing.
- The Princess Switch: Switched Again: Vanessa Hudgen’s sequel to The Princess Switch is just as adorable as the first. It’s Christmas-y, corny, and wonderful.
- Holidate: One of the first holiday specials I watched this year. Holidate, a romantic comedy about two strangers who decide to be each other’s ‘holi-date’ for every holiday in a year, gets mixed reviews from others because the acting isn’t the best – and there are some racy parts. Don’t watch this one with the kids around!
- The Vampire Diaries: I’ve seen this series more times than I can count, but haven’t really watched it since it aired years ago. Rumors are there is a ninth season coming out in March 2021, but it’s not confirmed. I’ll have to see who is in the show because TVD isn’t the same without Elena, Damon, and Stefan. I will admit I enjoy the spinoffs – The Originals and Legacies.
- Gossip Girl: Another oldie but goodie is actually going off of Netflix on the last day of 2020 – I’m not happy about this since it’s one of my go to background noise shows! There is a remake in the works but none of the original cast is involved.
- A Teacher: The FX series A Teacher on Hulu is so good – with it’s completely inappropriate storyline and realistic on-screen chemistry.
- The Undoing: I’m loving this mini series about a torrid affair and violent mysterious death features Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant. I also heard the finale aired last night!
- Shawn Mendes – In Wonder: I cannot tell a lie – this documentary about Shawn Mendes was so good I watched it twice.
Looking forward to December
We are so excited about the next month: December! Not only is it Christmas, but its the month we celebrate Annabelle turning seven! I’m hoping to plan an outdoor hot chocolate/craft party for her and a few close friends. Truthfully, every year as we approach Annabelle’s birthday I become very nostalgic and withdrawn. I don’t think to think about my oldest becoming older – even though it’s so amazing to watch her grow!
Over the next few weeks I’ll be sharing holiday traditions, our Christmas Home tour, and much more! Here’s to enjoying every moment of the rest of this year making festive memories.