Ingredients – Makes 4 burgers
1 1/2 pounds (1 package) ground chicken
2 tablespoons cilantro paste (or 3 tbsp fresh cilantro)
2 tablespoons jalapeño slices (from the jar)
1 tablespoon japaleno juice (from the jar)
1/2 package reduced sodium Taco seasoning
1/2 cup finely shredded low fat cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
4 hamburger buns
guacamole – your favorite recipe
lite sour cream
bean and corn salad
Cheddar Chicken Jalapeno Burger
- 1½ lbs ground chicken
- 2 tbsp cilantro paste or 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp sliced jalapenos
- 1 tbsp jalapeno juice from the jar
- ½ package sodium free taco seasoning
- ½ cup finely shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 hamburger buns
- lite sour cream
- diced tomatoes
- bean and corn salad
- Prepare an outdoor grill over medium heat OR warm a skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to medium heat.
- Add ground chicken to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the next six ingredients. Using a rubber spatula or your hands, mix everything together until the taco seasoning has been evenly distributed. Do not over-mix your chicken!
- Form four palm sized patties. Cook the burgers over medium heat until cooked through, 7-9 minutes per side. Top with a little bit of cheese.
- Enjoy your chicken burger on a bun with any of your favorite toppings, or standing alone with a dollop of guac and sour cream on the side!